Things that make you smile :)

rick81721

Lothar
if you want power definitely read his reviews of the different options, there are certainly cheaper ways to get in (i started with a used powertap) but from there you just want more (or at least my numbers driven mind does. . . )

these actually give some pretty cool information when you look back in garmin connect (strava doesnt display pedaling metrics :( ) ill have to see if theres an easy way to get the polar graphs to look at (pedaling efficiency and smoothness ect) Ill have to figure out how to use it all to my advantage now . . . .hmmmmm

Looks like I've fallen down the power rabbit hole. So a quick question - how does one do an FTP test around here? I can't think of any roads where I can ride 20 minutes straight without coming to a red light or other such nonsense? Or do you find a loop somewhere and keep spinning around it??

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Looks like I've fallen down the power rabbit hole. So a quick question - how does one do an FTP test around here? I can't think of any roads where I can ride 20 minutes straight without coming to a red light or other such nonsense? Or do you find a loop somewhere and keep spinning around it??

Go on a hard group ride. Note 20 minute peak. FTP test done.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
can't think of any roads where I can ride 20 minutes straight without coming to a red light or other such nonsense?
I used to go to the Great Swamp when I wanted to do an FTP. I'd hit one stop sign but other then that I could get in 20 min.

Aren't there long stretches of road west of you that you could get 20 min on?

Once you find such a road, I like to stick with it so I can replicate ftp test at a later point in time.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Since speed is irrelevant for this test you could, if you were so inclined, do loops in a large vacant corporate office building parking lot or perhaps Montgomery HS.

Top Bottom