Things that make you frown :(

Yesterday we learned one of our fellow road riders from Martys club passed away. Today all of us attended his online funeral and it was still very sad.

Information we have says he had a pretty serious solo cycling accident a week or so ago and was home recovering after a hospital stay and then Sunday passed away suddenly.
Seems there may be some bike talk rumors floating around about him crashing in a group ride which is untrue since we haven’t had any real group rides before this past Sunday.

Mike Murray was a great guy and I only wished I actually got together for that long overdue ride instead of always planning to do it. Another case of bad things happening to good people.

His family posted these two charities to donate to if anyone is so inclined. I plan to donate to the animal shelter.

www.wilsonhouse.org

Ride in Peace Mike
Mike was always a pleasure to ride with. RIP.

My daughters and I witnessed this guy take at least a half hour to launch his kayak taking up an entire boat launch ramp yesterday. He had more junk in and on that thing than I have on my boat. I had time to limp back to the ramp(motor died for good this time and we had to paddle back), get the truck, wait for 10 minutes for him to finish so I could pull my boat, moved the truck to the other ramp that just opened up, paddled the boat over, retrieved it, strapped it all down and left before he was even done unloading the crap from his truck.

Infuriating. I don't think I've ever taken more than 10 minutes to rig and launch a kayak, and I never would block a ramp doing it. There was a line of people waiting to use it too and the guy just didn't care. The kicker of it is that there's a kayak specific launch area not 50 yards away. And no, he didn't have it on a trailer. I would almost be okay with it if that was the case.

Oh, and my outboard is scrap metal now too. I'll have to see if I can get the garage sale engine from a few years ago running so I can still use my boat.

My daughters and I witnessed this guy take at least a half hour to launch his kayak taking up an entire boat launch ramp yesterday. He had more junk in and on that thing than I have on my boat. I had time to limp back to the ramp(motor died for good this time and we had to paddle back), get the truck, wait for 10 minutes for him to finish so I could pull my boat, moved the truck to the other ramp that just opened up, paddled the boat over, retrieved it, strapped it all down and left before he was even done unloading the crap from his truck.

Infuriating. I don't think I've ever taken more than 10 minutes to rig and launch a kayak, and I never would block a ramp doing it. There was a line of people waiting to use it too and the guy just didn't care. The kicker of it is that there's a kayak specific launch area not 50 yards away. And no, he didn't have it on a trailer. I would almost be okay with it if that was the case.

Oh, and my outboard is scrap metal now too. I'll have to see if I can get the garage sale engine from a few years ago running so I can still use my boat.
What's up with the motor seized?

What's up with the motor seized?
No compression on the bottom cylinder and it was hot as hell when it lost power, I'm figuring on a hole in the piston. I can't find parts for it anymore so it's a lost cause. It was sunk during Sandy and I completely rebuilt it back then but I didn't think it would last as long as it did.

I did get the other motor running good though but it's a 7.5hp air cooled single cylinder so there wasn't much more than a carb cleaning and timing to do.

No compression on the bottom cylinder and it was hot as hell when it lost power, I'm figuring on a hole in the piston. I can't find parts for it anymore so it's a lost cause. It was sunk during Sandy and I completely rebuilt it back then but I didn't think it would last as long as it did.

I did get the other motor running good though but it's a 7.5hp air cooled single cylinder so there wasn't much more than a carb cleaning and timing to do.
Nice glad you got something going. Not surprised though you seem to have the magic touch.

Got back from a 128 mile ride and jump in the pool to cool off to realIze the skimmer basket it clogged. No big deal jump out and put on flip flops to go clean it out and somehow a bee went between my flip flop and my foot and I stepped on it. Man that burns/stings haven’t been stung in years.

ice on and off for 3 hours got the swelling down.

Simple maintenance turned tragic.
I have had the skf BB in this frame since 2009 and it came from my 2007 misfit. I havent touched and it sounded dry. 2 hrs later and every hand tool and power tool used. Guess it pays to take it out every so often.
20200630_200905.jpg

Back
Top Bottom