Things that make you frown :(

serviceguy

They can rebuild it. We have the technology.

Hopefully they won't destroy the remaining façade and towers once the 'rebuild' starts...

BTW, knowing our French 'cousins' they will blame it on an Italian worker...just wait. And they could possibly be right.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
went to put my (bike) stuff in the truck for tomorrow (bc break in the rain) and noticed a wet spot on the saddle, look up at the basement ceiling to see this

20190505_155905.jpg

i know its hard to tell, but thats soaked through, third problem of this type in 3 years since we bought the place, at this point im pretty sure every solder joint put in my the P.O. is a ticking time bomb :'(

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have seen house by house in a area where there water eats copper piping. Flanders area right down the street from bonefishes old place. They were wells I assume yours is city. Funny as my plumber was fixing he turned on water to have leak 5 ft away. It was great for me more demo more repair :)

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have seen house by house in a area where there water eats copper piping. Flanders area right down the street from bonefishes old place. They were wells I assume yours is city. Funny as my plumber was fixing he turned on water to have leak 5 ft away. It was great for me more demo more repair :)

yea this is city water(it is on the 'hard' side of things tho :/), i honestly think the contractor that redid the kitchen and both bathrooms (as well as pretty much everything else inside the house) around 2010ish did a real shit job on the plumbing, mostly ran PEX but the few solder joints he did seem to be problematic . . .

my parents are on a well and i cant remember them having this frequency of issues :shrug: eh at least it was a quick easy fix.

Captain Brainstorm

yea this is city water(it is on the 'hard' side of things tho :/), i honestly think the contractor that redid the kitchen and both bathrooms (as well as pretty much everything else inside the house) around 2010ish did a real shit job on the plumbing, mostly ran PEX but the few solder joints he did seem to be problematic . . .

my parents are on a well and i cant remember them having this frequency of issues :shrug: eh at least it was a quick easy fix.

If you have hard water issues get one of these, on sale and free delivery:

https://reverseosmosis.com/products...MI8oTO2OyG4gIVg4WzCh2AsQoYEAMYAyAAEgJpFvD_BwE

Got one late last year when I learned my current unit was worn out, wish I did it 5 years ago before half my fixtures got scaled up.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
The plumber didn't clean the flux off the copper fitting and it ate its way back through the pipe.
even better that it is spray painted over to keep the flux from evaporating before it happens.

Well-water issues at the elbows tend to be from physical wear. small particles that aren't filtered anywhere
bang against the inside at the turns. This is why they are thicker than the straight pipe, and brass in some cases.
Simple fix is a whole-home, inline particulate filter for wells.

Copper doesn't react unless the water is highly acidic.
Waterboss makes a nice unit, compact, and easy to refill with bags of salt. they offer softeners, iron, acid, sulfer units etc.....

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you have hard water issues get one of these, on sale and free delivery:

https://reverseosmosis.com/products/fleck-5600-sxt-water-softener-with-digital-metered-valve?variant=8277865070636&cmp_id=1024639355&adg_id=48594749217&kwd=fleck water softener&device=t&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8oTO2OyG4gIVg4WzCh2AsQoYEAMYAyAAEgJpFvD_BwE

Got one late last year when I learned my current unit was worn out, wish I did it 5 years ago before half my fixtures got scaled up.

my wife insisted we get the water tested when we bought the house, it came back as 'hard water' (no real scale of how hard) we dont have any real significant issues, we have had to d-scale the shower head once in 3 years :shrug: idk if its worth $600+ maintenance to avoid that minor chore, havent noticed any other hard water related issues (i tend to agree with @Patrick that the leaking unions were caused by a lazy plumber)

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Third?!?!?!?! Drop dead Adam Silver. You’re new “system” is bullshit.
8C234937-94C7-4667-8C2F-A54ADC3185B0.png
I hope he spends the rest of his life getting IT stuck in his zipper. Daily!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
So a little venting - each sport has its thing. In triathlon, a big one is not abandoning items on the course.
Most events are on open roads, in front of people's homes. A water bottle pops out of a cage, go and get it.
in a lap situation (ie twice around Round Valley), ejecting a water bottle to be recovered later is a no-no.

This counts for the run course also.

Here is the rule

11. Abandonment: All personal equipment and belongings taken out onto the course must stay on the athlete the entire time. No garbage, clothing, etc. shall be thrown on the course.
Penalty: Variable time penalty

Variable Time Penalties

Distance Category First offense/Second Offense/Third Offense
Sprint 2 minutes/4 minutes/Disqualification
Intermediate 2 minutes/4 minutes/Disqualification
Long 4 minutes/8 minutes/Disqualification
Ultra 6 minutes/12 minutes/Disqualification

450 or so participants - there are always a few..this is what i found on the road when i swept the course.

IMG_3482.JPG

/vent

Last edited:

Kaleidopete

So a little venting - each sport has its thing. In triathlon, a big one is not abandoning items on the course.
Most are on open roads, in front of people's homes. A water bottle pops out of a cage, go and get it.
in a lap situation (ie twice around Round Valley), ejecting a water bottle to be recovered later is a no-no.

Here is the rule

11. Abandonment: All personal equipment and belongings taken out onto the course must stay on the athlete the entire time. No garbage, clothing, etc. shall be thrown on the course.
Penalty: Variable time penalty

Variable Time Penalties

Distance Category First offense/Second Offense/Third Offense
Sprint 2 minutes/4 minutes/Disqualification
Intermediate 2 minutes/4 minutes/Disqualification
Long 4 minutes/8 minutes/Disqualification
Ultra 6 minutes/12 minutes/Disqualification

450 or so participants - there are always a few..this is what i found on the road when i swept the course.

View attachment 95689

/vent
In contrast I just did the Xterra triathlon and went to pick up trash the next day, but there was none. Some people get it and some don't I guess.

Kaleidopete

Today I saw some riders from the 2019 Highlands Gran Fondo as they rode past the park on Warwick Tpk.
Now this road is a main artery from West Milford to Warwick, NY. They do a 100 mile ride from Butler, NJ
out to High Point and back. This group sure can clog up a road! Their rules state the riders should stay far
right while riding, unless passing. The group I saw were just taking up the whole lane on this main road.
Embarrassing.

Dsc02603.jpgDsc02604.jpg

BPaze

I am returning to work after a 2 week vacation and oh yea my boss just emailed he wants to come out and talk to me as soon as I return and will be flying I’m this week

Top Bottom