Things that make you frown :(

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So my wife started a new job at the beginning of the year. They said she gets 10 vacation days per year. However, they don't start accruing until you've been there three months, which is fairly common I guess. But they accrue every month except July and August, and the last four months of the year they accrue but for the following calendar year. So someone starting on January 1st would work an entire year and only have 3 vacation days to use that first year. It gets funnier though, she started on Monday January 3rd, so January doesn't count for her because she didn't start on January 1st. So she gets two vacation days this year.

I told her to resign and walk out laughing the whole way out the door, but unfortunately she likes this job.

JDurk

So my wife started a new job at the beginning of the year. They said she gets 10 vacation days per year. However, they don't start accruing until you've been there three months, which is fairly common I guess. But they accrue every month except July and August, and the last four months of the year they accrue but for the following calendar year. So someone starting on January 1st would work an entire year and only have 3 vacation days to use that first year. It gets funnier though, she started on Monday January 3rd, so January doesn't count for her because she didn't start on January 1st. So she gets two vacation days this year.

I told her to resign and walk out laughing the whole way out the door, but unfortunately she likes this job.
I know her pain. When I started my current job, vacation calendar started on Jun 1st, my first day Mon, Jun 7th. Had to wait a full extra year to accrue additional vacation time. Vacation calendar has since been changed to January 1st and they paid everyone out if you had time remaining at the reset. But that's not the worst thing. At 15yrs with the company, you get extra week the following year, then it gets taken away the next year. Happens again at 20yrs, then you get to keep it at 25yrs.

w_b

Best thing to do is tell them right at the start you want an extra week on top of the two just for your experience, then win-win all around. Start out with 5 days right at the getgo, fucked up accrual schedule can go scratch.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
First one they said was a bead leak. They fixed it and next day same tire picked up a nail (but was that the cause all along?). This one is a different tire so probably another nail. Freaking contractors everywhere in my hood. I haven't had a chance to change it yet. 🤞I get away without a new tire again.

Top Bottom