Things that make you frown :(

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's a blow but follow the course, you'll be back before you know it.

I crashed hard again on labor day. Finally went to the Dr. On Monday because ribs were getting worse. Catscan revealed fracture to the 4th-6th which also explained the sternum displacement.
Was on the verge of Pneumonia, which between that and fluid around fracture was the cause of the extreme pain. Moral of the story don't wait over 3 weeks to see the doctor 🤣

Well in all fairness, when the stagecoach only brings the doctor to Blairstown once in the spring and once in the fall for some bloodlettings, 3 weeks sounds totally reasonable. Heal up quickly. If you get Amazon up there, you can order your own leeches.

The_Mountainside_Menace

Took a fall and tweaked my back. Went to the doctor today. X-ray shows a compression fracture of my L1 vertebrae. No bike riding or lifting for 9-12 weeks.
Yeah definitely take the MD's advice. 9-12 weeks definitely beats paralyzation, lack of bladder function, sexual disfunction, and numbness in the legs. The spinal cord extends through L1-L2 normaly. In this area, the cord is reducing to a singular point like a cone and is surrounded by the cauda equina. The cauda is more forgiving to damage, but there's still documentation that damage to the cauda reduces bladder function, sexual function, and causes lower extremity numbness. This is coming from an RT perspective, but the better half assured me it is the same from an ortho perspective. Let us know if things don't get better. The wife doesn't do spine, but knows who to put you in touch with if things aren't getting better.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well in all fairness, when the stagecoach only brings the doctor to Blairstown once in the spring and once in the fall for some bloodlettings, 3 weeks sounds totally reasonable. Heal up quickly. If you get Amazon up there, you can order your own leeches.
Just the way I prefer it then your raging dildo throwing narcan bumping 50 stop light per mile white guilt privilege pork roll wawa country 🤣

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Yeah definitely take the MD's advice. 9-12 weeks definitely beats paralyzation, lack of bladder function, sexual disfunction, and numbness in the legs. The spinal cord extends through L1-L2 normaly. In this area, the cord is reducing to a singular point like a cone and is surrounded by the cauda equina. The cauda is more forgiving to damage, but there's still documentation that damage to the cauda reduces bladder function, sexual function, and causes lower extremity numbness. This is coming from an RT perspective, but the better half assured me it is the same from an ortho perspective. Let us know if things don't get better. The wife doesn't do spine, but knows who to put you in touch with if things aren't getting better.
Thanks for freaking me out! 😟 J/K ...sorta.
I have an MRI scheduled for next week. My doctor wants to get a better view to determine the best course of action. He mentioned wearing a brace, which would really suck. I'll do whatever the doctor says. BTW it's not the first time I've broken my back. Had a couple of spinous process fractures 12 years ago. I'm lucky the pain is minimal this time.

iman29

Major frown.

My 81 year old mother in law gets a notice in the mail from Irvington Municipal court for “failure to appear” for a parking ticket from July. Looking at the notice it showed her plate number and license.

I do a little online google and Plate number search and find that by changing the number 2 in the plate to a 1 there’s an exact match for a 04 Chevy pickup (her car is a ‘12 Chevy Malibu)

She barely drives her car .7 miles to shoprite she wouldn’t even know how to get anywhere past a 3 mile radius of my town.

So I call the number and talk to Alicia. I explain there must be a clerical
Error because my MIL wasn’t in that area. Alicia tells me the tickets get issued based on license plate reader so there’s no way it can be the officers mistake. She also tells me only the judge can dismiss it. So I have to make an appointment. And of course I can’t make the appointment for my MIL because I’m not an attorney. But at least I found out from Alicia it can be a Zoom call. 🤦🏻‍♂️

So now I will need 2-3 hours to explain this whole thing to my MIL so we can hopefully call and make an appointment for a future court date for a ticket that’s clearly a mistake.

I guess there’s worse things to frown about but that’s mine today.

At least it’s Friday and the weather is gonna be perfect for bike rides.

rick81721

Lothar
What happened to summer? Cold and dreary on today's ride - and I even waited until after lunch. Time to start planning our winter exodus out of this dump.

roc

Major frown.

My 81 year old mother in law gets a notice in the mail from Irvington Municipal court for “failure to appear” for a parking ticket from July. Looking at the notice it showed her plate number and license.

I do a little online google and Plate number search and find that by changing the number 2 in the plate to a 1 there’s an exact match for a 04 Chevy pickup (her car is a ‘12 Chevy Malibu)

She barely drives her car .7 miles to shoprite she wouldn’t even know how to get anywhere past a 3 mile radius of my town.

So I call the number and talk to Alicia. I explain there must be a clerical
Error because my MIL wasn’t in that area. Alicia tells me the tickets get issued based on license plate reader so there’s no way it can be the officers mistake. She also tells me only the judge can dismiss it. So I have to make an appointment. And of course I can’t make the appointment for my MIL because I’m not an attorney. But at least I found out from Alicia it can be a Zoom call. 🤦🏻‍♂️

So now I will need 2-3 hours to explain this whole thing to my MIL so we can hopefully call and make an appointment for a future court date for a ticket that’s clearly a mistake.

I guess there’s worse things to frown about but that’s mine today.

At least it’s Friday and the weather is gonna be perfect for bike rides.
Sounds like your wife’s problem to me, no??

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Dunkin doughnuts this morning. My kids like the egg and cheese wraps and I love the hashbrowns. I order a coffee, 8 wraps and 4 hashbrowns... and 3 doughnuts, of course. :)

I get my coffee and sit at a table waiting for my large order.

Five minutes goes by. The place is buzzing. Lots of people ordering, coming in and out. Checking the news on my phone and enjoying my shitty DD coffee.

I casually notice the woman who ordered at the register next to me is up at the counter. I hear a faint mumble, "Eight mmm Hash mmm Yeah." Then I see her walking out with a rather large DD bag.

Now, most people are ordering two, maybe three items. I certainly don't remember her ordering a lot like I did. So I wait another two minutes - because that didn't just happen...
It happened. :( WTF?

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Riding Clinton road today I saw the telltale marks of someone missing the turn.
They did unearth a nice boulder though.
View attachment 168485

I don't really think this is frownie, person was either driving to fast or texting and I don't see flowers so I'm guessing someone learned and it cost them at minimal an alignment and new underwear. When I fuck up I hope I get off that easily.

Top Bottom