Things that make you frown :(

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So like two weeks ago, my wife went with her parents to Subaru of Morristown looking to buy a WRX. They had an automatic, though not in the color that she wanted, and they asked to test drive it and were told no. So this week she called Route 46 Subaru in Hackettstown and asked if they had an automatic WRX that she could test drive, and they said of course, come on in. So she went in with her parents today, and they had already sold that car. They had a manual that someone had put a deposit on, but the sales guy took her for a ride, with him driving. She liked it and said ok, can I order one? And he says no, they can't do any custom orders right now. LOL. So they call Paul Miller Subaru in Parsippany and ask if they can custom order a WRX, and they said of course, come on in. It's gonna be 2-3 months before we get it, but at least the wife is happy and I didn't have to get involved at all.

Over the Bars

So like two weeks ago, my wife went with her parents to Subaru of Morristown looking to buy a WRX. They had an automatic, though not in the color that she wanted, and they asked to test drive it and were told no. So this week she called Route 46 Subaru in Hackettstown and asked if they had an automatic WRX that she could test drive, and they said of course, come on in. So she went in with her parents today, and they had already sold that car. They had a manual that someone had put a deposit on, but the sales guy took her for a ride, with him driving. She liked it and said ok, can I order one? And he says no, they can't do any custom orders right now. LOL. So they call Paul Miller Subaru in Parsippany and ask if they can custom order a WRX, and they said of course, come on in. It's gonna be 2-3 months before we get it, but at least the wife is happy and I didn't have to get involved at all.
Dealers are making all sorts of crazy stuff up right now . I've been trying to replace my totaled truck and it's been a nightmare. I finally found a Ford dealership that would accept my xplan pricing after multiple told me ford isn't doing it anymore. Most places were charging 4 to 10 thousand over MSRP. Now I have to wait 4-6 months If I'm lucky for my 2022 f250 to get made and delivered. So 2-3 months isn't bad I would be really happy with that in this insane market.

serviceguy

Nothing stops work in its tracks like the kid dumping the dingo

View attachment 163273

at least it started when it was righted.
Your dingo and your kid? It's not a seat on unit so I'm assuming nobody got hurt, not even the dingo...that's the reason, the only reason in fact, that I didn't buy a multimillion mansion, too many risks involved in doing maintenance! 🤣

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Your dingo and your kid? It's not a seat on unit so I'm assuming nobody got hurt, not even the dingo...that's the reason, the only reason in fact, that I didn't buy a multimillion mansion, too many risks involved in doing maintenance! 🤣

friend's dingo (tree service) and the kid (meaning young worker) was ok - not sure what he was thinking.
his other kid jackknifed a trailer full of wood on 78 a couple weeks back - put the truck against the guardrail. $5,000 tow bill.
the wrecker wouldn't pull it off, cause he thought it might flip over the rail......they brought in one of those rotating crane things.

Last edited:

serviceguy

friends dingo (tree service) and the kid (meaning young worker) was ok - not sure what he was thinking.
his other kid jackknifed a trailer full of wood on 78 a couple weeks back - put the truck against the guardrail. $5,000 tow bill.
the wrecker wouldn't pull it off, cause he thought it might flip over the rail......they brought in one of those rotating crane things.
Sometime I really thing not having any kid was a blessing for me and Donna, with parents like us I can’t even imagine the damage a kid could do!

FastFreddy

Just in time for fall/winter, and some time to save up for a set of winter tires/wheels. So a word of advice DO NOT LET HER DRIVE IT IN THE SNOW ON THE STOCK TIRES. Sorry for the caps but honestly the stock Dunlop summer tires are completely USELESS in even just a dusting of snow. I absouluty love driving in the snow and slippery conditions but I honestly though I was going to die doing just 5-10mph on my way home after getting caught in some light snow on the stock summer tires the first year I had my WRX!

Oh and tell her to get used to the Subie wave LOL ✌️

serviceguy

Realizing the play in the SS El Mariachi cranks is due to the the left arm being cracked at the junction with the spindle. I just realized maybe using bonded carbon/aluminum cranks on the bike that sees that highest torque at the crank is possibly not the best idea. At least until I keep using peasant poop carbon cranks (Race Face Next SL 2018 circa)...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Given the last sentence why is this in Frown and not Smile?

Cost = $0
Commitment? None
Happy wife? Yes

rick81721

Lothar
yes - the economy going again, so the rules of supply and demand are in play.
more demand, higher prices.
pretty much president agnostic.

Economy was doing better 2 years ago - gas prices were low. Nice try tho!

PS I think you meant to write "president addlepated"

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
does shutting down a domestic pipeline with an Executive Order may have anything to do with lowering supply (at least in terms of projections) as much as having to buy overseas? Policy does have effect on economics as much as the other way around, even more so recently.

so in general, i agree policy makes a macro different, not the slow rise in prices as demand increased.

---------

you mean halting the building of a pipeline?

perhaps it was the refineries that were unable to come back on-line quickly after getting frozen,
or had to shut down with the demand so low - can't just turn a key and have them come back.
or maybe it is willingness to pay? gas prices are capped at spot price +incr in NJ - they compete on regular.
premium it is the full increment.

if overseas gets too high, we turn on the fracking machine.
gas is cheap in the US by any measure, except countries where the government owns the refineries.

&

oh wait, it cost $13 more to fill the car than last year. just the cost of the boy toys.
as an aside, it is getting close to aviation fuel - so maybe @UtahJoe can run a mix of premium and 100LL.

serviceguy

so in general, i agree policy makes a macro different, not the slow rise in prices as demand increased.

---------

you mean halting the building of a pipeline?

perhaps it was the refineries that were unable to come back on-line quickly after getting frozen,
or had to shut down with the demand so low - can't just turn a key and have them come back.
or maybe it is willingness to pay? gas prices are capped at spot price +incr in NJ - they compete on regular.
premium it is the full increment.

if overseas gets too high, we turn on the fracking machine.
gas is cheap in the US by any measure, except countries where the government owns the refineries.

&

oh wait, it cost $13 more to fill the car than last year. just the cost of the boy toys.
as an aside, it is getting close to aviation fuel - so maybe @UtahJoe can run a mix of premium and 100LL.
I would not ignore the possible presence of an alien spaceship nor the tipping finger of the fabled Sasquatch...you know, kind of like when your golf game sucks...

Top Bottom