Things that make you frown :(

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I totally understand this
tenor.gif

MMuller

Interesting but I would have to chop down half a dozen big ass oaks and maples to use that...it’s funny to see the face of the solar panel company rep when I show them the satellite view of my house each time they stop me at Home Depot....usually it’s something like ‘what? Where’s the house?’
Irony. Having to cut down all your trees, the world's lungs, to put up solar panels. House down the road took out big, healthy, beautiful trees to put up solar. I dunno. Our trees keep us cooler in summer, and block wind keeping us warmer in the winter. We'll keep the trees.our house trees.jpgHome is where the polar vortex is.jpg

FastFreddy

This has been rolling out even in my town where Fios and Optimum is available.
Bummer that seemed like it be a good replacement for the DSL I have now since the latency/ping is low so I could still do iRacing\gaming....but $500 plus shipping for the dish and $99 plus who knows what taxes and fees a month for the service is way too much especially since its still in beta and prone to outages.

johnbryanpeters

Bummer that seemed like it be a good replacement for the DSL I have now since the latency/ping is low so I could still do iRacing\gaming....but $500 plus shipping for the dish and $99 plus who knows what taxes and fees a month for the service is way too much especially since its still in beta and prone to outages.
I gave 'em a down payment, not sure if I'll punch the button when it becomes available.

serviceguy

Irony. Having to cut down all your trees, the world's lungs, to put up solar panels. House down the road took out big, healthy, beautiful trees to put up solar. I dunno. Our trees keep us cooler in summer, and block wind keeping us warmer in the winter. We'll keep the trees.View attachment 152615View attachment 152616
I'm having kinda of a deja vu' moment here...I completely agree and that is why I keep running that horrible polluting natural gas that allowed me not freeze to death this winter...not yet at least!

JerseyPete

Hopefully with the introduction of Starlink and Project Kuiper there will be more competition in the price or service of Fios, Optimum, Comcast etc.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I can’t wait for FIOS to be e here, they ran the fiber in front of our house, then a week late the storm took it down a block up from us . Not sure about what’s the status now but I’m not holding my breath, sonn mi e body told me Optimum gives free cable to the town...

Ftfy
This message is brought to you by

I have no place correcting other people's spelling

MMuller

I'm having kinda of a deja vu' moment here...I completely agree and that is why I keep running that horrible polluting natural gas that allowed me not freeze to death this winter...not yet at least!
Tis quite the conundrum, taint it....Def though! If your home can go solar, go solar! I think it should be mandatory for new construction. Especially given the fact that seems all new lots building houses clear literally every tree on the lot. Like they can't figure out how to build with all those annoying trees in their way.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Not sure, until recently I thought that natural gas was the 'clean' fuel responsible for cleaning up America's air as opposed to oil and coal heating...
It is, but needs to be used in a fuel cell.
30 years and they have made little progress

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Limited co2. And can use methane from biomass or capped landfills. Still not there as far as scalable

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We should have built many more nuke plants

this is the green energy path forward with current technology, solar/wind are not energy dense enough to make harvesting cost effective, and hydro has limited availability. Nuke plants are the current best option, but noone wants to be near one because of a few well known issues so they stopped building them.

Top Bottom