Things that make you frown :(

iman29

After Optimum telling me my pools are closed 🤷🏻‍♂️ And waiting around for them to fix the network issues my Middle son decided he would plug in his gaming PC direct into the modem connection and it worked. WiFi router is now clearly the issue.

had to work off my phone hotspot for 2 hours and then I took the trip to the optimum store in Randolph to get a new router of course they don’t have the slimline one to fit back in the space we made for it they have this ridiculous looking thing.

got it all hooked up and running within 20 minutes. Had to go around to all the laptops and chrome books updating everyone’s connection. good thing I am an IT person not sure how non IT people can survive these things.

thanks for nothing optimum support.
5E88CBF8-3A0B-42FA-8B8F-18C4B84817C5.jpeg

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
got it all hooked up and running within 20 minutes. Had to go around to all the laptops and chrome books updating everyone’s connection. good thing I am an IT person not sure how non IT people can survive these things.

non-IT person, but still technically minded, i set the wifi network name and password manually, this way when i have to replace (or add repeaters w/e) i know what the network name password should be set to so that the devices can still find it and connect without me having to remember which ones need updating.

iman29

No one thought to consult with me when the kids told my wife the shower head was leaking

so then I was informed I need to change the shower head to the new one that cost $87 when it turns out I could have probably fixed it for less than $10 cause just the hose was broken.

F65A59A6-40CD-4171-81E7-3A8CB398D347.jpeg31F01135-A480-45B8-BAF1-69D06A147399.jpeg7C50F957-6366-4439-A7D2-4E51AF04E5D0.jpeg

w_b

Well at least there’s a Specialized team there. Maybe he’ll get a new bike.
It’s more likely he’ll get less bandwidth, fewer channels, more frequent and longer lasting outages, and maybe even a price increase if my history with those bastards is any indication.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a race this weekend and my lower headset bearing exploded. Was able to get a new bearing overnighted so everything was looking up.... until I stripped the star nut trying to preload the headset 🤦‍♂️. Of course this happens right at 7pm when every bike shop near me JUST closed. Now I have to wait till someone opens in the morning and pray they have one. I’m supposed to be heading to Connecticut in the AM to pre ride the course. Yay bikes.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I have a race this weekend and my lower headset bearing exploded. Was able to get a new bearing overnighted so everything was looking up.... until I stripped the star nut trying to preload the headset 🤦‍♂️. Of course this happens right at 7pm when every bike shop near me JUST closed. Now I have to wait till someone opens in the morning and pray they have one. I’m supposed to be heading to Connecticut in the AM to pre ride the course. Yay bikes.
So you need a start nut?
I might have... want me to look?
I am in Wayne.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Soundguy definitely have a star nut but or compression plug if the steering tube is carbon or if you like it better. I’m located in Ringwood.

p.s. I checked and I’ve got three of each.
Sweet! I’m still gonna try LBS in the morning since it’s 10 min from me...Ringwood is a bit of a hike. Feels better knowing there’s a backup plan though...thanks man.

serviceguy

Sweet! I’m still gonna try LBS in the morning since it’s 10 min from me...Ringwood is a bit of a hike. Feels better knowing there’s a backup plan though...thanks man.
I need to leave by 10:45am but I’ll leave one of each in the mailbox for you to grab. Let me know if you still need it and I’ll pm the address.

one piece crank

i use a salt gun!

Ok, so I borrowed one of these from a co-worker, and, well, it was awesome! I must of taken out 70+ of those breeding suckers! I almost formed a blister on my thumb from operating the safety!

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Top Bottom