Things that make you frown :(

Just not by the broken arm...have a speedy recovery. Hopefully the injury will not affect too much your upkeep of that awesome vegetable garden of yours!
Thanks The wife and kids will have to help out more lol. But as far as breaks go I got off easy this time. Radial head fracture no surgery required. They can't cast it because of the location and the need for me to do pt everyday to get full movement back in the elbow. It just sucks it definitely puts a damper on all my summer plans.

Details, pictures, x-rays...?
Not even sure exactly what happened was at creek in some tech that wasn't even that bad and next thing I know im taking an abrupt trip towards the ground. It happened near the top of the mountain so i road that trail out in pain then went for another run not able to grip the bars well or brake well. Then tried going to work the next day before going somewhere for it.

Downshift on the climb and my chain jumps the large ring and jams between the plastic protector.
Tough, but I got it out. A mile later I pick up some sticker branches which wrap around my rear
Sprocket and stops me dead. Had to some cutting and pulling. Too hot for this crap! 85°

Dsc06478.jpg

Is that really true? I was told the opposite - don't remember by who

it is theoretically not needed if your derailluer is adjusted correctly, but on any bike ridden in the woods that doesnt stay adjusted for very long.

iirc the disc protects the spokes from getting chewed up when the chain lands in them, it also makes pulling the chain out a fair bit easier.

Pete's picture is proof of it's purpose. No protector there he's about to walk out of the woods and into a bike shop for a wheel true, a derailleur hanger, derailleur, possibly chain and new spokes.

interesting but the last 5 new bikes I bought didn't come with one. or did the LBS remove them??

Knocking off the grip end plug on my SS. This maybe the 5th time. Ironically, the SS is the one with the narrower bars (750mm), I don't believe I've ever I've done this on the FS with 800mm handlebars. Weird.

Knocking off the grip end plug on my SS. This maybe the 5th time. Ironically, the SS is the one with the narrower bars (750mm), I don't believe I've ever I've done this on the FS with 800mm handlebars. Weird.
Double frown, the price of the plugs is now 3x than last time I bought them. Where's my superglue again?

Thanks. Stuck a paint stirrer into the fan outside and got it moving but I can Hear it doesn’t sound 100%.

Don’t know much about AC stuff maybe it’s the fan motor or the capacitor. System is about 20 years old.

Back
Top Bottom