Things that make you frown :(

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
been on a work escalation call for the last hour....the life of IT systems on call..

I guess better than last year at this time - I was on a UPS truck as a seasonal delivery driver so i guess this is better

AWS outage messing with ya?

serviceguy

At some point became a great idea to store all your data on a remote service that depends on internet to be up at all times. Then it became an even better idea when the remote hosting of your data happened to be offered by everybody’s biggest competitor. What could possibly ever go wrong with that?

serviceguy

(Grand)father and teenager (grand)son starting their ride at Ryerson early afternoon yesterday. Both on e-bikes and both without helmet. Also on Friday couple of guys with expensive looking bikes coming out of Race Trail at Shepherd's with no helmet. Booo.

iman29

(Grand)father and teenager (grand)son starting their ride at Ryerson early afternoon yesterday. Both on e-bikes and both without helmet. Also on Friday couple of guys with expensive looking bikes coming out of Race Trail at Shepherd's with no helmet. Booo.
If you want to see an endless stream of people doing the same thing visit the Colombia Trail on any day it’s been nice out since March. You would almost think having a helmet on is the wrong thing.

jklett

Never buy the cheapest appliances, they don't last. I wasn't about to replace the transmission for a second time on that POS so I had to buy a new washing machine(the part is half the price the whole thing was new). Then I had to get the old one out of the cellar, go pick up the new one, and hump it down there. Them front loaders are frigging heavy compared to top loaders but at least my wife is happy. Thankfully my friend Jeremy was around to help so I didn't wreck myself or the new machine. It sucks though because this was one of my last Sundays off and I had to spend it on this instead of riding. Enough complaining, at least it's done and I don't have to do the laundromat thing again.

ekuhn

This little fucker is making me frown... Rode on Friday, came home showered and went about my night. Woke on Saturday and it was attached to my thigh. Less than 24 hours so I think (hope) I'm ok based off past experience.

View attachment 144851
We found a deer tick on our puppy the other night. First one. Partially dug in. We've been giving her the medicine monthly and the tick was dead, as it should have been, according to the vet.

How come they can't make that medicine for humans? Make all ticks just die when they try to bite me? I'd consider taking this drug (more so than the current "vaccine") as I think the odds of getting a tick bite with my outside wooded activity level, are greater than the former.

jackx

We found a deer tick on our puppy the other night. First one. Partially dug in. We've been giving her the medicine monthly and the tick was dead, as it should have been, according to the vet.

How come they can't make that medicine for humans? Make all ticks just die when they try to bite me? I'd consider taking this drug (more so than the current "vaccine") as I think the odds of getting a tick bite with my outside wooded activity level, are greater than the former.
Obviously, safety and efficacy data are important for animal drugs (as they are for human drugs). However, if the mechanism of action of anti- tick and/or flea compounds are to make the pets blood toxic enough to kill such pests, then I think such a drug might not be a popular options for humans.

With humans having a significantly longer lifespan than dogs and cats, the long-term toxicology data for humans are likely not favorable. Even if they are, the marketing may be a big hurdle, and the number of people who might want such a compound for themselves may be rather small.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
1607383381996.png

Took my fork apart since I was supposed to get the replacement parts on Thursday the 3rd. And then USPS just says "Oh, we'll shuffle it between two places 15 miles from you, and then provide no other info besides it'll be later than expected"

Dingo

View attachment 144866

Took my fork apart since I was supposed to get the replacement parts on Thursday the 3rd. And then USPS just says "Oh, we'll shuffle it between two places 15 miles from you, and then provide no other info besides it'll be later than expected"
I have ebay fork parts coming USPS from NY state. Was suppose to be delivered last Friday. They were in NJ Friday, but now are in Connecticut with no delivery date.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I wouldn't mind if they had some sort of update. Like hey, it's the holidays and we can't unload our trucks due to so many packages, or our facility burnt down.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Decorative pot handles, like what the fuck other service do you serve? I'm going to start making decorative fire extinguisher and sell that to the dumbasses that make these.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Officially two weeks off the bike from injured leg (I thought i could try a ride Friday and ended up re injuring myself like one mile in...). The ground is frozen solid right now, I’m home from work, and there is hero snow falling. This sucks balls.

sundaydoug

I've pulled so many of those things out of me in 20+ years of riding in the woods it's unbelievable I don't have Lyme Disease.

Top Bottom