Things that make you frown :(

Stupid critters continue to destroy my shed floor. Went to close the pool and found a mess. had to empty half the shed and at least patch the floor so the shelves don’t poke thru any more.

Oh and then my new impact driver broke again. Time for warranty replacement.

I know it’s like putting a bandaid on a surgical incision but had to do that for now don’t have time right now to take apart shed and build new deck platform. Or the funds.
?
View attachment 105710View attachment 105711View attachment 105712View attachment 105713

I am entertaining the idea of building a small shed for gardening tools, mower and snow blower behind the garage. I must remember to install a layer of metal under the shed floor if I ever get to do it.

I am entertaining the idea of building a small shed for gardening tools, mower and snow blower behind the garage. I must remember to install a layer of metal under the shed floor if I ever get to do it.

Yeah I am not sure what I am gonna find when I pull of that floor again but everything I tried so far the little f@ckers come back. A few years ago I had a family of gophers living under there because I saw her running around the yard and she was burrowing around so bad sections of the yard were like sinkholes.

I spent 2 days pulling up the floor and found a shitload of nesting materials and straw plus she had started chewing into the support joists!. I filled all the voids in the decking with crushed rock and put 3 layers of chicken wire around the whole outer edge of the deck and dug down 12". fast forward a few years later and I have no idea whats living under there but there's a ton of holes around and some of the crushed rock has been relocated to INSIDE the shed.

So a layer of metal of somekind might be an idea under the subfloor to keep them out I will have to research it more myself. FML.

Yeah I am not sure what I am gonna find when I pull of that floor again but everything I tried so far the little f@ckers come back. A few years ago I had a family of gophers living under there because I saw her running around the yard and she was burrowing around so bad sections of the yard were like sinkholes.

I spent 2 days pulling up the floor and found a shitload of nesting materials and straw plus she had started chewing into the support joists!. I filled all the voids in the decking with crushed rock and put 3 layers of chicken wire around the whole outer edge of the deck and dug down 12". fast forward a few years later and I have no idea whats living under there but there's a ton of holes around and some of the crushed rock has been relocated to INSIDE the shed.

So a layer of metal of somekind might be an idea under the subfloor to keep them out I will have to research it more myself. FML.

GAMO Whisper Fusion, .22cal pellet gun. Normally, I trap those rodents in a garbage can and try to relocate them, but when they're causing repeated property damage or decimating my garden, they get the lead. Only way to guarantee they don't come back. Alternatively, you can call a pest control guy, but they meet the same fate, just in a different way.

Just an idea, but if the ground is flat enough (or you feel like flatten it real good) you could build a layer of concrete block caps underneath the whole floor of the shed leaving no gap for the critters to fit in and protecting the sub floor at the same time. Still removable so no permit, I think. Basically a removable concrete slab.

When you call in dinner order to a place with the same name as the one you wanted but it’s the wrong one.

So to flip it around I paid for it over the phone with my credit card and told the other diner to donate the food to someone in need

When the website to submit an IT Ticket at work is either broken itself, or just too complicated for me (a 30-something engineer) to figure out. Haven't figured out which yet but either way it's comical. Maybe this should go in the smile thread instead...

i hope that isn't the dryer vent!

is the speaker bi-wired? or did someone decide to run speakers in parallel? cause 2 ohms is louder. ;)
Its an AC feed to the room on the other side. The speaker wire was jumped to the other speaker.
Now I have to try and find something to fit in that mess since its butted up to the stud and no room for th mounts to grab sheetrock.

Its an AC feed to the room on the other side. The speaker wire was jumped to the other speaker.
Now I have to try and find something to fit in that mess since its butted up to the stud and no room for th mounts to grab sheetrock.
Is that vent split open? They should tape that up with proper duct tape (the modern metal stuff)

This drives me nuts. I feel like those air pillows they sell are just garbage. 2 out of 3 don't make it one season.

Truck inner tubes for the win....if you can find them.

Yup that one was new last September.

Can’t seem to source a truck inner tube either but I didn’t try that hard and then I have to figure out how to blow it up. I don’t have a compressor and I used the shop bag for the stupid pool pillow.

I think I am just gonna leave it for the winter and hope for the best I don’t want to un cover it again. ?

Yup that one was new last September.

Can’t seem to source a truck inner tube either but I didn’t try that hard and then I have to figure out how to blow it up. I don’t have a compressor and I used the shop bag for the stupid pool pillow.

I think I am just gonna leave it for the winter and hope for the best I don’t want to uncover it again. ?

Be careful, their main function is to provide the ice that forms on top somewhere to expand into rather than pushing out onto your liner/pool wall.

Mine pillow died on me mid winter last year and I didnt want to uncover either, so I loosened it enough to shove anything inflatable I could find in my shed....that included a raft, a kids tube, beach balls etc etc.. looked so ghetto but worked.

The good thing is that since they hammered the a/c duct to a pulp whatever speaker you install is not going to overheat thanks to the punctures in the duct! I would make the owner well aware of what you're dealing with, just to make sure they don't try and blame it on you.

Any chance you can patch that hole and go on the other side of the stud? I bet matching the fancy marble paint job would be challenging to say the least...

Be careful, their main function is to provide the ice that forms on top somewhere to expand into rather than pushing out onto your liner/pool wall.

Mine pillow died on me mid winter last year and I didnt want to uncover either, so I loosened it enough to shove anything inflatable I could find in my shed....that included a raft, a kids tube, beach balls etc etc.. looked so ghetto but worked.

I know you’re right I’m still in the denial phase that I have to uncover the pool to replace it. Grrr.

Co-workers who think they are important enough that they need to come to work with the hacking Ebola cough
GoHome.gif

Insomnia and tinnitus are a terrible combination. Waiting for my ZZquil to kick in which I took 1.5 hours ago.

Note the time of this post.

Sigh uncovered the pool and put in the new winter pillow. Another waste of $17 bucks let’s see how long this one lasts.

Oh and to add insult to injury it started pouring just as I was trying to put the cover back on.

4F38CE1A-3ED2-4CC5-81F8-63D27EB1AC80.jpeg65A14B3E-200F-44A1-AEAE-672688DEE0D0.jpeg3482BCC5-4318-4DAE-B4C9-CEF34ED9D7EC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom