Things that make you frown :(

serviceguy

Who the hell is drinking Coors beer in this day and age?!?!? We saw the bear boxes and the signs asking not to leave trash inside of them…had to check, was not disappointed.
IMG_7200.jpeg

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
When right after establishing the world record for the fastest installation of a 29” Cushcore insert with a dhr II tire, and a perfect placement of the valve to top it off, you realize the tire is on backward…
Hopefully you didn't put in the sealant yet...

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
When right after establishing the world record for the fastest installation of a 29” Cushcore insert with a dhr II tire, and a perfect placement of the valve to top it off, you realize the tire is on backward…
Been there, done that. Well, except for doing it fast. Ride it til it wears out, then put the new one on correctly.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Work sent me a new laptop. Apparently they deemed a three year old laptop too old.

Great!

But they didn't install any of the programs I use (several Adobe programs and a plug in) and apparently I need an admin login to do so. 😐

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Work sent me a new laptop. Apparently they deemed a three year old laptop too old.

Great!

But they didn't install any of the programs I use (several Adobe programs and a plug in) and apparently I need an admin login to do so. 😐
I just got issued a new laptop, and I saw that coming- had them order and install upgraded versions of all my softwares.

Went smoothly, or so I thought.
Then I noticed the slight change in my user name - was first initial+ last name, now full name. No big deal, right?

Yeah, 9 years of programs call directories that don’t exist.

I guess IT got the last laugh after all.

littlev21

Great!

ugh, I'm also due for a new laptop, and our company is now exclusive google based, so I will no longer will have excel, word, etc.....

But the conversion to doc and sheets is seamless, right (tongue in cheek)

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
so glad my work computer update this year was pretty much seamless, once i logged in all the special software associated with my user account installed, just took a while.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Since we're sharing new work computer stories... had my 5yo laptop replaced a few weeks ago. I'm 100% remote but i had to go into the big bad city to swap the laptops in person at HQ (Strike 1). While i'm at one of those stupid hotelling desks at work, i go to a different floor to meet the IT guy, come back to my desk and someone stole my phone charger right off my desk (Strike 2). IT guy spends time with me making sure all the software and updates get downloaded and installed and my files transfer over, took a while. Head home and use it for a week and notice the processing speed of this brand new computer is horrific. Like takes 5 minutes to open a simple Office document slow, can't watch a youtube video over 280p, etc. So i complain to IT guy and goes "oh yeah, you must have gotten one of those lemons. We'll need to swap it for another one" (big Strike 3). So back into NYC i had to go, but at least this one is working for now.

iman29

Even as a career IT professional This spam text almost got me as I was in the middle of 3 different things at once. And I know my son brought something to the post office today.

Makes me mad thinking about how many people did fall for this.

6ABC9927-9BE3-4384-861D-75437B9622A8.png

Ironjunk

Sitting on my lunch saw a mid 2000 trailblazer throw out his garbage into the grass in budd lake off 46. He pulled into the success realty parking lot, car had a broken tail light. He looked like a blob with a face.

Last edited:

iman29

After feeling 100% fine yesterday and even doing a nice recovery ride at lunch , last night I started with a Burning sore throat and this morning it’s worse plus feeling generally achy and runny nose.

I don’t have allergies but hoping it’s just a slight reaction to cutting the grass before dinner last night which has never happened before.

This pattern usually results in a massive head cold like back in Feb which knocked me out for almost 2 weeks. Except this week looks like nice weather and I have so much shit to get done for the long weekend coming ( including big rides of course )

Hate. Being. Sick.

To be continued … 👎🏻🤧

Ironjunk

Found a quiet park away from everything to mess with my rc truck. 10 minutes in a tesla drives up and starts making bird noises. I knew right from the start what's going on because i know idiots consume and regurgitate what they see online, i guess a car with an outside speaker is a thing that everyone needs now. Just ignored and they left.

I guess seeing someone genuinely having their own peace is too much.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Franklin (our cat) recently had to have some teeth pulled. If that wasn't bad enough, he wound up getting an abscess and ripped a bunch of fur from his jaw/chin area. So another trip to the vet this morning.

But at least he's home resting now... And purring so I don't think he'll murder me in my sleep tonight.

PXL_20230609_194001597_exported_167_1686340669281.jpg

Top Bottom