Things that make you frown :(

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I hear the dogs in NC don't even poop!
funny you say that... one NC apartment complex we looked at had a whole bunch of pet rules and fees... one of them was DNA testing for dogs. I thought it was because they didn't want certain breeds on the property... newp... it's so they can test the dog shit and fine the owner... it's a dog shit world out there and i'm glad my cat shits in a box.

rick81721

Lothar
funny you say that... one NC apartment complex we looked at had a whole bunch of pet rules and fees... one of them was DNA testing for dogs. I thought it was because they didn't want certain breeds on the property... newp... it's so they can test the dog shit and fine the owner... it's a dog shit world out there and i'm glad my cat shits in a box.

Wow. That's a constant complaint in our FL community. I'll have to suggest the DNA idea - esp since we don't have a dog. 😃

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's

CSI Charlotte

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
CSI Charlotte
Charlotte? That's an entire NJ away from where we're looking.

Oddly enough last night while running in Morristown I ran into a condo complex I never went into before and there's a HUGE expensive sign as you enter with "ABSOLUTELY NO DOGS BEYOND THIS POINT."

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Starting to load a dumpster with basement demo . Demo been sitting in yard for few months so now sheetrock just crumbles . Also just far enough away to be a real pain slightly uphill and off camber .
20220729_162637.jpg20220729_162706.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
Apparently I bruised a rib when I fell on slippery moss onto a downed tree on the Mt Verstovia trail on wednesday. Noticed it sleeping last night and on today's ride realized it is in a bad spot for deep breathing.

iman29

So maybe this will come off as a whining rant, and there's a lot bigger problems in the world or people's lives then this, but man I am so pissed about this.

I moved to my current house in 2003. Back in 2008 I got a certified letter out of nowhere from the town telling me I had a "property maintenance ordinance violation" due to the sidewalk being uneven in front of my property. This was being caused by the huge tree between the sidewalk and the curbline planted by the town back when the house was built. For reference, back then and even now this scenario is true for nearly every other house in my development. After weeks of debate with the town, including appealing this with the town council, and taking 50 pictures of other sidewalks in the neighborhood, and the fact this condition existed LONG before I owned the house, the town council rejected my appeal and threatened me and my neighbor with a Lein on the property if I didnt fix it. To add insult to injury, I had to pay for some "tree fund" after I had the tree cut down. IN the end this cost me over $5000 to cut down the tree (which turned out to be dying), get rid of the mulch and replace the sidewalk. All this with 3 young kids and struggling with my job nearly getting laid off. The town rejected my position that they planted the tree so they should remove it and fix the damage. I even offered to split the costs. complete BS.

Fast forward to last night my neighbor asked me if I got the letter about the town tree removal plans. Then he shows me this letter. I didnt get one because.... I dont have a tree/sidewalk issue any more.

I dont know what magic fairy came along and enlightened them but now they are going to remove trees and fix sidewalks FOR FREE!! W the actual F???!!

I still have all the details from the meetings and emails I saved. I have a good mind to contact the town and ask for my refund, but they will probably use my email for a good laugh.

rant over :mad: :mad:

View attachment 184563View attachment 184562
Well the great tree massacre of my town is in full swing.

Showing up last week every day with no notice at 7am and knocking on doors expecting People to move their cars.

Then they come back with the stump grinder and make a f*cking mess everywhere and leave the mulch piles half in the street

Those trees were 40+ years old they really made the block feel “lived in”

Can’t wait to see what a shit show comes through when the sidewalk replacement crew gets here.

Town management bullshit bunch of aholes.

Thanks for letting me vent.

1F33A09E-B33F-414D-AE5B-E680A0B8A981.jpegA31509B7-7CFB-4450-851F-F4DC4B963564.jpegE826884C-3491-41E9-A8BC-9D37A27B92DC.jpegC6F6943C-AFDA-4308-A6F7-12AD85CE3B33.jpeg83EBFB3D-F14F-4EA3-9D57-8F11D624E617.jpeg2FCD2189-64B1-4388-9963-3756749156B4.jpeg

MMuller

Showing up last week every day with no notice at 7am and knocking on doors expecting People to move their cars.

Then they come back with the stump grinder and make a f*cking mess everywhere and leave the mulch piles half in the street

Can’t wait to see what a shit show comes through when the sidewalk replacement crew gets here.

View attachment 193863View attachment 193864View attachment 193865View attachment 193866View attachment 193867View attachment 193868
Welcome to our world here in Neptune, trying to get the old tree ordinance reinstated. It's like the township committee is stacked with contractors and land developers. We're the only town without one and after 5 years trying, not a peep. Www.facebook.com/preservesharkriverhills
Someone just moved in down the street. A beautiful wooded lot that blended in with the neighboring homes and took them all down. Leaving a giant gaping hole, erasing an entire community feel. These signs are popping up all over the Hills. We are not alone. FB_IMG_1652753822618.jpg

MMuller

More frowning. Hiked Allaire with dog. Figured I'd take him to the little lakes by the water treatment plant near the bike path on Hospital rd so he can cool off before we head home. Been there for years. Always migratory birds. Gone! And covered in grass. Dried up. Pray for rain...20220813_115821.jpg20220813_115813.jpg20220813_115752.jpg

iman29

serviceguy

View attachment 193863View attachment 193864View attachment 193865View attachment 193866View attachment 193867View attachment 193868
Why were they removed?

iman29

Why were they removed?
If you go back to my original post about the letter the town sent, its all about making the sidewalks "safe" since the trees THE TOWN PLANTED 40 years ago are buckling the sidewalks and for sure there have been injuries and liability issues.

The problem is this is the EXACT reason I tried to fight them when they forced me to cut down the tree in front of my house and fix my sidewalk at MY expense over $5000K

This time they are doing it at no expense to anyone, unless the offending tree is on property owner side of the sidewalk. Then they will force you to do it.

sorry the caps not meant for you, just my complete disgust for the people who decided this and screwed over the little guys like me with all this, plus riuned the neighborhood. They are doing this across a 2 mile area around the local elementary school which is so stupid because its not like someone is not going to trip on the sidewalk 2.1 miles away.

Top Bottom