Things that make you frown :(

one piece crank

Not one to suffer fools gladly, I'll add working with the dumbest human on earth, and the gross negative impact it has on our team.

:mad:
:Ugh:

Last edited:

iman29

Last week wife was out on the deck prepping dinner and got swarmed by flying stinging things and took a sting to the hand.

Further investigation showed the corner of built in deck bench was some kind of nest underneath. Went and got a can of spray and unloaded it into the openings and then the next day blasted it with the garden hose. Lots
Of dead bees below figured job done.

2 days later still swarming got 2 more cans of bee wasp killer and drowned the corner of that spot and ran away. Next day more dead ones rinsed it off and it seemed quiet.

Later that afternoon more swarming so I went and got a can of expanding foam and flooded it to the point it lifted the edges of the wood. Waited about 3 hours till dusk and it seemed to be much less but still a few Trying to fly back in. Flooded it again with the garden hose and lifted one of the wood plants to find this massive nest which I then drowned with one more can of bee wasp hornet killer.

The strategy of the expanding foam seemed to help contain things enough I could safely pry back the wood to finish them off.

Turns out it’s probably Paper wasps and they seemed to be very aggressive when anyone was nearby.

Now I have to clean it up and scrape off the foam and put it all back together.

231894DE-61CD-47B1-85C2-5FF71D13CCDA.jpeg48335AB5-B5F7-4DA1-94E7-989F166EDB02.jpegA2991F7A-2FD9-481F-AADA-2624ED99E4B8.jpeg0F345B1A-929D-485F-910C-583AB9FCA3D9.jpeg

rick81721

Lothar
Last week wife was out on the deck prepping dinner and got swarmed by flying stinging things and took a sting to the hand.

Further investigation showed the corner of built in deck bench was some kind of nest underneath. Went and got a can of spray and unloaded it into the openings and then the next day blasted it with the garden hose. Lots
Of dead bees below figured job done.

2 days later still swarming got 2 more cans of bee wasp killer and drowned the corner of that spot and ran away. Next day more dead ones rinsed it off and it seemed quiet.

Later that afternoon more swarming so I went and got a can of expanding foam and flooded it to the point it lifted the edges of the wood. Waited about 3 hours till dusk and it seemed to be much less but still a few Trying to fly back in. Flooded it again with the garden hose and lifted one of the wood plants to find this massive nest which I then drowned with one more can of bee wasp hornet killer.

The strategy of the expanding foam seemed to help contain things enough I could safely pry back the wood to finish them off.

Turns out it’s probably Paper wasps and they seemed to be very aggressive when anyone was nearby.

Now I have to clean it up and scrape off the foam and put it all back together.

View attachment 191596View attachment 191597View attachment 191598View attachment 191599

Hornets. Very aggressive. I've had more than my share of battles with those guys.

Mtbdog

It's been a rough week. Got a call on Sunday night that my Dad is in the hospital. Basically dieing from cancer. They took my wife to the ER Monday. They are removing her gallbladder. I need a break 😫
Thoughts and prayers 🙏

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
They took my wife to the ER Monday. They are removing her gallbladder.

Bummer, but on a positive note, I had my gall bladder removed 25 years ago and live a totally normal life. Well, normal in terms of not having a gall bladder having no impact on my life anyway. Best of luck!

serviceguy

Thanks guys for the support. My wife is home and recovering 👍
Glad to hear that. I hope she has an easy recovery.

On a negative note I finally tested positive for Covid-freaking-19. Had a temperature last night and I fell almost fine this morning. A colleague got it during his camping adventure with some former colleagues and was in my office quite a lot both Monday and Tuesday before finding out he was sick on Wednesday morning. I tested negative both Wednesday and Thursday and then this morning…boom! Not worried about me honestly, but my wife is at risk for several reasons. Also, I’m afraid this will force me to postpone my cataract surgery which is a real bummer. I guess that takes care of the dilemma ‘where am I going to ride this weekend?’.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Glad to hear that. I hope she has an easy recovery.

On a negative note I finally tested positive for Covid-freaking-19. Had a temperature last night and I fell almost fine this morning. A colleague got it during his camping adventure with some former colleagues and was in my office quite a lot both Monday and Tuesday before finding out he was sick on Wednesday morning. I tested negative both Wednesday and Thursday and then this morning…boom! Not worried about me honestly, but my wife is at risk for several reasons. Also, I’m afraid this will force me to postpone my cataract surgery which is a real bummer. I guess that takes care of the dilemma ‘where am I going to ride this weekend?’.

Hopes it goes easy on you and doesn't jump to servicegal. (?) 🤞🏻

serviceguy

Hopes it goes easy on you and doesn't jump to servicegal. (?) 🤞🏻
You and me both. So far it's been just some sweat last night, pretty much the same reaction I had to vaccination.

This month of July turned out a lot different than what I anticipated.

Top Bottom