Things that make you frown :(

w_b

For some reason Teams wants me to log into an account when joining a meeting. Sometimes. And I don't find this out until 1 minute before my meeting starts.
This is my bane as well sometimes. Or webex comes up and no sound.

Teams does not play well with my vpn on the laptop, but that’s another story.

serviceguy

I've been full time work from home for just over four years now, and I have no problem whatsoever with meetings in general. It's how I interact with my coworkers, and I sometimes hop on meetings that have nothing to do with me just to hear people talking while I work. Cream Puff makes lots of noise, but he's not great at conversation.
I would take Cream Puff noises over any of my co-workers voices every day of the week.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
which way is up?

you are looking up from the kitchen into the ceiling,
This looks like a sell the house kind of problem. Or flex tape.

well at this point it became a 'call the plumber' kind of problem since i dont have pipe threaders or extractors and im going to take too long to fight with the pipe as it desintegrates

Looks like a Curse of Oak Island find. Were those pipes put in by the Knights Templar? How old is that place??

umm idk, house is about 100 years old, maybe 110. we believe this pipe was encased in concrete around 2010 when the 'original' owner died and it was sold to a contractor.

btw that is a steam pipe, and all the others in the house appear to be fine :/

ekuhn

you are looking up from the kitchen into the ceiling,

well at this point it became a 'call the plumber' kind of problem since i dont have pipe threaders or extractors and im going to take too long to fight with the pipe as it desintegrates

umm idk, house is about 100 years old, maybe 110. we believe this pipe was encased in concrete around 2010 when the 'original' owner died and it was sold to a contractor.

btw that is a steam pipe, and all the others in the house appear to be fine :/
Iron pipe and concrete never work out well.

Good luck!

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Iron pipe and concrete never work out well.

Good luck!

yea, i know, i just wish someone had told the dumbass that did this, woulda saved me alot of aggravation.

@Patrick, i think this was the real source of the leak early in the spring when i thought it was the shower, im sure you remember.

p.s. we found this when my wife came downstairs to make breakfast and the counter had a puddle over about 1/2 of it and the wall behind the cabinets was wet

serviceguy

As the price of a new roof in COVID times wasn't bad enough, finding out you have to replace the entire front of the house roof plywood because of mold/rotting due to poor weather proofing and all together big time corner cutting by whoever installed the current (now previous) roof. The cherry on top was the building inspector showing up and demanding a permit for a job that according to the roofer shouldn't have required one (it's a repair of an existing installation). FML

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
yea, i know, i just wish someone had told the dumbass that did this, woulda saved me alot of aggravation.

@Patrick, i think this was the real source of the leak early in the spring when i thought it was the shower, im sure you remember.

p.s. we found this when my wife came downstairs to make breakfast and the counter had a puddle over about 1/2 of it and the wall behind the cabinets was wet

simple pipe fitting problem....
what a pain.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
simple pipe fitting problem....
what a pain.

i mean it seems simple, but with the timing on this and the amount of water (steam) coming out of it, i dont have time to figure it out myself. The real problem isnt the pipes anyway, its the dipshit and the concrete/mortar filled in around the damn thing.

rick81721

Lothar
i mean it seems simple, but with the timing on this and the amount of water (steam) coming out of it, i dont have time to figure it out myself. The real problem isnt the pipes anyway, its the dipshit and the concrete/mortar filled in around the damn thing.

Why do you have steam pipes coming into your house - is it powered by steam? Those Knights Templar were crafty old buggers!

PS where is the steam factory? How much do they charge per cubic yard of steam??

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

i was being facetious

is this the only pipe coming up from the boiler?
it would suck, but it could be capped off in the basement until the pipe guy gets there.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
, butWhy do you have steam pipes coming into your house - is it powered by steam? Those Knights Templar were crafty old buggers!

we have steam heat.

i was being facetious

is this the only pipe coming up from the boiler?
it would suck, but it could be capped off in the basement until the pipe guy gets there.

pipe guy is coming on saturday, i have it wrapped in a rag and foil for the time being, seems to have contained the mess (at least stopped it from getting worse)

capping it is a theoretical option but would require taking apart the pipes and i dont see a union in the line that would make that a reasonable or efficient option.

Top Bottom