Things that make you frown :(

i mean, in the current auto market it may make sense to keep what you got once its fixed, especially if its otherwise in good condition (especially if its paid off, 1500 is 3ish months car payments, if you spend that twice a year your winning even before you factor in cheaper insurance)
totally valid points - thats the debate in my head right now. I have owned it since day 1 so there's been no payments on this one.

If I get something else, it would be newer/used since there's a lot of lease returns coming back under the miles due to COVID (if you can find one tho).

Even if I am paying an inflated price for something else, this would also inflate the price of what I am selling so it may balance out in theory. Plus what I have now is considered low miles (only 64K miles on a vehicle from 2013) so that could help me money wise.

A lot of what if's but for now just hope the parts get here next week and it gets fixed.

That’s what I was hoping but just got done and it’s the intercooler and the oil line that went bad.

$600 deposit for parts will and $700 labor at least they will get me in for next Wednesday. At least I can still drive it locally for now but it can’t get above 55 mph on any uphill.

Then will be trading in or selling it myself. Either way I am done fixing this thing. Arg.
Seems strange that an intercooler would limit your speed and power so much? :shrug: Doesn't sound right to me.

Getting jerked back and forth by UPS on my ship date for my new bike. Initially assumed Monday, they said Friday, then changed to Monday now back to today but the package hasn't surfaced since leaving Colorado. Monday is fine, just stop messing with me!

colo.PNG

IMG_20210822_122027-scaled.jpg

Watching the Women's XC race live in Val di Sole and getting annoyed at all the people, coaches included, that ride next to the course not wearing an helmet!

Seems strange that an intercooler would limit your speed and power so much? :shrug: Doesn't sound right to me.
Depends on the problem with the intercooler, it may not be cooling the compressed air enough or there maybe a leak (do you hear a whistling sound that wasn't there before?), both could limit the power produced. Bad BOV would also limit power if acting incorrectly, same goes for the wastegate. Are they activated electronically or pneumatically? Many variables there. The oil line is strange for me though, probably a sensor malfunction resulting in the ecu limiting the power? In my turbo days there wasn't such a thing so you would end up blowing up the turbo bearings/bushings as a result of poor or lack of lubrication...

Depends on the problem with the intercooler, it may not be cooling the compressed air enough or there maybe a leak (do you hear a whistling sound that wasn't there before?), both could limit the power produced. Bad BOV would also limit power if acting incorrectly, same goes for the wastegate. Are they activated electronically or pneumatically? Many variables there. The oil line is strange for me though, probably a sensor malfunction resulting in the ecu limiting the power? In my turbo days there wasn't such a thing so you would end up blowing up the turbo bearings/bushings as a result of poor or lack of lubrication...

The car runs fine but sounds like it has an open exhaust now. Like one of those coffee can things off the back of an 88 civic.

I’m just glad it’s driveable for now but since I have no idea what’s broken aside from
What they tell me I just have to rely on them to fix it next week.

Can’t find anything to buy anyway and since I’m not driving to work at all and my 2 kids have cars I can use if needed (although can’t put a bike inside either one very easily) I will probably just keep it after it’s fixed for now.

New boat trailer tires (less than 500 miles)

Both tires delaminated at the same time and I only had 1 spare.

This is right outside Saratoga Springs NY last Sunday with another 140 miles to our destination.

To find 5.3x12 trailer tire with 5 lug wheel, on Sunday, while trying to outrun a Hurricane in the middle of nowhere - SUCKS !!!!!!!

IMG_20210822_124131495.jpg

This is right outside Saratoga Springs NY last Sunday with another 140 miles to our destination.

To find 5.3x12 trailer tire with 5 lug wheel, on Sunday, while trying to outrun a Hurricane in the middle of nowhere - SUCKS !!!!!!!

View attachment 165948
What brand tires?

View attachment 165948
In to read the stellar review...that's messed up!

Coming home from vacation and finding 3 out of 5 of my fish dead. Neighbor was feeding them for me. Says he didn’t notice. ☹️

Back for a week then off again on another vacation. Come home and the other 2 fish are dead. Different neighbor watching over them this time. Says she didn’t notice. 😡

Coming home from vacation and finding 3 out of 5 of my fish dead. Neighbor was feeding them for me. Says he didn’t notice. ☹️

Back for a week then off again on another vacation. Come home and the other 2 fish are dead. Different neighbor watching over them this time. Says she didn’t notice. 😡

Were they feeding the fish in your freezer?

Back
Top Bottom