Things that make you frown :(

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
does shutting down a domestic pipeline with an Executive Order may have anything to do with lowering supply (at least in terms of projections) as much as having to buy overseas? Policy does have effect on economics as much as the other way around, even more so recently.
Not with current prices, the keystone wouldn't have been completed for years anyway.... Plus... And I learned this while working on safety devices for transporting oil by rail.... The oil in the Bakken field is really dirty and expensive to refine... Its not getting used for gasoline refinement in volume until oil prices are already high....

That said... Imo, if this nation needs oil we should build pipelines to avoid moving oil by trains at ALL COSTS... extremely dangerous.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
What's up with new cars and the fuel range estimate? On my old Buick and the M3 they used to count down to 0 then go to --. On both new cars once you hit something like 40 miles it just switches to "Low". How is that helpful? I know I shouldn't run that low but is it a liability thing?

rick81721

Lothar
What's up with new cars and the fuel range estimate? On my old Buick and the M3 they used to count down to 0 then go to --. On both new cars once you hit something like 40 miles it just switches to "Low". How is that helpful? I know I shouldn't run that low but is it a liability thing?

The GT350 light comes on at "50 miles" - usually about 1/4 tank! Then it comes back at 25 and 10. I took it down to less than 5 once, I think I figured that at 0 there is still about 1/2 gallon left

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My truck triggers the light at like 60 miles to empty on the DTE, i actually have about 5.5-6 gallons left at that point which is closer to 100-110 miles. . . . i think they estimate low and then flip to the 'low' as aliability thing since they dont want you to complain that its their fault you ran out of gas. . .

no clue what the light vs reality is on the challenger anymore, that thing blows thru gas so fast with the way i drive it that i just fill it whenever the gauge says 1/4 tank.

serviceguy

Really? premium (93) for 2.89? i may have to make the drive, iv been paying more than that for regular
Since you do the trip can you buy a few barrels for me and deliver them in Ringwood next time you happen to ride around here? Driving down there just to fill the tank would kill any saving...thanks!

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not worth thevdrive at those prices. 2.89 for premium would be (Rick's mustang certainly takes premium)

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Not worth the drive at all. Just get gas at the closest place to where you are.

The Costco lines are stupid.
Flemington Costco is not too bad. Lines look long but move very quickly, That Speedway on 202 though, even if no one's there it takes forever.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not worth the drive at all. Just get gas at the closest place to where you are.

The Costco lines are stupid.

this is exactly what i do, the cheapest station on my way to someplace im going anyway, i wont even make a special trip out to fill the tank.

p.s. i have never actually bought gas at costco

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
In most cases I won't even, say, make an awkward turn across traffic for like $0.10 less per gallon.

i mean eve .1/gal is <$3 savings on a tank of gas, how much does that REALLY affect the bottom line to make the detour worth it?

Top Bottom