Things that I find interesting

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
always loved this car in Gran Turismo... it's gorgeous
1998-subaru-impreza-22b-sti.jpg

2807d8d499de58c72a039a7d04b0d3cb.jpg

This was the last good looking subaru product ever made.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
you cant say you arent impressed they landed a freaking rocket on a barge in the middle of the ocean.

Yes, it was impressive. However, the DC-X kind of did the same thing in the 90's, because technically the first stage of the Falcon isn't going into orbit. Rockets are rockets, I'm more interested in things like the Skylon and SSTO, that's the future.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
supra for sure, actually in that exact order..

I'm not a huge Supra nut but I don't know why. The car is great and timeless. I keep saying that if Toyota just started making that car again right now with NO changes it would look like a car they theoretically would make right now. Nothing screams 90s to me.

However, they wouldn't dare make a car like that anymore. It's too simple, makes too much sense. Now it has to be a 90k+ super wonder car with active everything, carbon fiber brakes, etc.

-Steve

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Yes, it was impressive. However, the DC-X kind of did the same thing in the 90's, because technically the first stage of the Falcon isn't going into orbit. Rockets are rockets, I'm more interested in things like the Skylon and SSTO, that's the future.
i dont know enough about the other stuff, im really just a casual fan of this kind of stuff but it intrigues me. i get into some of these space shows on the television and it puts momma to sleep

I'm not a huge Supra nut but I don't know why. The car is great and timeless. I keep saying that if Toyota just started making that car again right now with NO changes it would look like a car they theoretically would make right now. Nothing screams 90s to me.

However, they wouldn't dare make a car like that anymore. It's too simple, makes too much sense. Now it has to be a 90k+ super wonder car with active everything, carbon fiber brakes, etc.

-Steve
thats how i feel a lot of cars are now, all these gadgets that make it feel different. you shouldnt have to turn off things to enjoy it the way it should be.
they remade the NSX but I'm sure its nothing like the old one.
hd-aspect-1464805910-nsxlede2.jpg

hell, all of my knowledge of cars is basically from GT2
maxresdefault.jpg

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The NSX is probably the best example. Acura made a car to compete with a Ferrari except it was extremely reliable. They came back out with it but now it's an overly complicated expensive car.

The old NSX was a car you could buy (at a premium, yes) and own without completely breaking the bank. New car is a wondercar that would be expensive to own/maintain even if the car was free.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I'm selling our coupe. I can drive it down to you. :)
i would die to have one with a standard WRX motor and a 6speed :drool:

The NSX is probably the best example. Acura made a car to compete with a Ferrari except it was extremely reliable. They came back out with it but now it's an overly complicated expensive car.

The old NSX was a car you could buy (at a premium, yes) and own without completely breaking the bank. New car is a wondercar that would be expensive to own/maintain even if the car was free.
Looks like you can grab one of the first gen jams for ~$40k, not bad since they went for ~$80k. now the new ones $150k plus? lame. Maybe they can make an Evo RS version of it for the purists? :p

i'll probably get some flack for this, but another awesome car i would love to own thats pretty damn cheap in terms of awesome cars
gallery-1445869036-roa110115dpt-bootcolin1.jpg

4.jpg

the sound of this motor

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Owning a Honda Fit has made me realize Integra wheels are made out of gold.

Best factory 15" wheel for a Honda Fit (2015+) is the Integra wheels from the 90s. So hard to find now.

That one doesn't count, wonky 5 lug. :)

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Saturn V = zero failures. Which would you rather take a ride up to space on?
Apollo of course because there was 0 budget. Zero failures for 13 launches that cost 110 billion dollars....They were/are one of the greatest human accomplishments....but at that price, space anything would be dead today.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Apollo of course because there was 0 budget. Zero failures for 13 launches that cost 110 billion dollars....They were/are one of the greatest human accomplishments....but at that price, space anything would be dead today.

moore's law applied to price, adjusted for inflation?
1/20th the price of 35-40 years ago?

success also meant quite a bit to nuke deterrence.

Mountain Bike Mike

i would die to have one with a standard WRX motor and a 6speed :drool:

Looks like you can grab one of the first gen jams for ~$40k, not bad since they went for ~$80k. now the new ones $150k plus? lame. Maybe they can make an Evo RS version of it for the purists? :p

i'll probably get some flack for this, but another awesome car i would love to own thats pretty damn cheap in terms of awesome cars
gallery-1445869036-roa110115dpt-bootcolin1.jpg

4.jpg

the sound of this motor

B16b, right? Saw a white one last week in trenton..

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I owned a 2001 2.5RS in blue... Need to dig up old pics of it... Had a Yakima rack on top and a very loud system in it... Went through three transmissions in that car... POS...
Learn how to drive! Easy 270k + on those transmissions. They were super weak though.

Top Bottom