Things that go with your favorite beers...

al415

Banned
Hello.
Besides the obvious choices of driving, and shooting the empties off your friend's head; what do you find to complement a good beer? I'm not the most educated beer drinker at all, so my choices are pretty rudimentary. Tonight's experiment is proving that DFH IPA 90 go's very well with a nice sharp cheddar cheese. I'm off red meat these days, but when I was still enjoying a good home-made burger I found that almost any flavorful ale improved the experience no end... Anyone else?

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Hmmmm, cheese :drooling:...wish I had some cheese to go with this Ommegang...

Seriously, I see fish mentioned alot to go with a strong ale; I wouldn't try it though. Nothing is better than a blue cheese burger and a bottle of DFH 90 after a hot summer's ride.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Nut Brown Ale (I like Sam Smith), with a nice strip steak. I am a hard core carnivore.

I love those Sam Smith Nut Browns, also Captain Lawrence Smoked Porter. They taste good with anything after a ride. hmmm ....Maybe pulled pork sandwich or burrito. They also happen to be a meal in itself.;)

Last edited:

lawndart

Shop: Campmor
Shop Keep
I love those Sam Smith Nut Browns, also Captain Lawrence Smoked Porter. They taste good with anything after a ride. hmmm ....Maybe pulled pork sandwich or burrito. They also happen to be a meal in itself.;)

Ellen, that Captain Lawrence sounds good....i love a good porter...where can i pick some up in the area.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Ellen, that Captain Lawrence sounds good....i love a good porter...where can i pick some up in the area.

I can't find it in a local store. I've had it on tap in the micro in Peekskill. I think it is brewed in Pleasantville NY near Grahm Hills. Very tasty.

al415

Banned
Have to add Broolyn's Local 1 + harvest cheddar Sun Chips to my list! Though chips are kinda cheating! :D

bozizle

I did a beer dinner and tasting at a festval a few months ago and was a little skeptical. However once I tried a Victory Prima Pils paired with roast turkey I was amazed at how good the combo was.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Thanks for the recommendation Brian. I dry rubbed and dry aged a ribeye today to have with Nut Brown. Was great! :) ....and mr pixy approved.

Attachments

• dry age.JPG
    dry age.JPG
    218 KB · Views: 17
  • mr pixy.JPG
    mr pixy.JPG
    244.9 KB · Views: 22

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Thanks for the recommendation Brian. I dry rubbed and dry aged a ribeye today to have with Nut Brown. Was great! :) ....and mr pixy approved.

Always glad to be of service. I don't drink much anymore, but when I do I go for the good stuff. That looks like the perfect dinner to me.

Top Bottom