Things that don't suck thread?

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I sometimes hesitate to write a full review as I may not have sampled all 1,264 brands of TP for a full, in-depth comparison. However now and then I run across something that's pretty good out of the box and maybe worth mentioning. Hence this thread. Carry on if so inclined.

Item 1. Skullcandy Indy Evo wireless ear buds. Probably late to the earbud game here but I needed something for a new phone w/o audio jack. Caveat: they were a Black Friday deal and half off. I'm most impressed with the functionality. You can use one or both buds. Pairing and syncing is seamless. They stay charged a really long time. Podcast audio quality is great, for music the bass does lack a bit. I use them a lot more than I ever did wired just cause they work so well. Fit is okay, I still need to mess with the different size plugs n' stuff.

Item 2. Bontrager Velocis waterproof winter glove. Got these on a whim from Marty's, been looking a little but didn't want to go lobster claw. I've worn them skiing and cycling so far. Nice combination of warmth without bulk. Once warm my hands sweat a fair amount and these seemed to do a really good job of wicking yet didn't get cold. I wear a large glove, these fit pretty good.
Haven't really tested the waterproof part yet, I didn't notice them getting soggy skiing, will have to try them boarding. We shall see how they hold up durability wise. Trek often puts seasonal stuff on closeout so if you see them cheap in the spring maybe worth a shot.
Cheers!

Thanks for starting a thread about things that don't suck.

I wanted to get a few rides before I gave my personal impression. 1st and foremost I am not a back pack guy. I have a collection of them and everyone of them sits very noticeable. To date the USWE pack does the best job of staying planted. Its a minimalist pack as stated it sits on my back snuggly but thats the point, I don't like the feeling. So I bought a camelback single bottle holder that was ok but more for runners and was difficult to pull and place on the bike.

After seeing a few YouTube reviews from yumyum and others of rider from Utah who was making a double bottle hip pack.
Well I got a email offering with a discount for a special order for this bottle hip pack. Lab Austere hip pack has gotten rave reviews and now I know why. It sits low so you don't even realize its there, honestly. Doesn't bounce and stays put no matter how rough it goes. Bottle exchange on the bike is a snap without a challenge. With so many bikes bottle challenged today this was a pleasant surprise how much I really like it.
I am also much happier to have bottles vs water bags. Its a minimalist pack so pumps either go on bike or you pack CO2s.

I highly recommend if your like me.

I wanted to get a few rides before I gave my personal impression. 1st and foremost I am not a back pack guy. I have a collection of them and everyone of them sits very noticeable. To date the USWE pack does the best job of staying planted. Its a minimalist pack as stated it sits on my back snuggly but thats the point, I don't like the feeling. So I bought a camelback single bottle holder that was ok but more for runners and was difficult to pull and place on the bike.

After seeing a few YouTube reviews from yumyum and others of rider from Utah who was making a double bottle hip pack.
Well I got a email offering with a discount for a special order for this bottle hip pack. Lab Austere hip pack has gotten rave reviews and now I know why. It sits low so you don't even realize its there, honestly. Doesn't bounce and stays put no matter how rough it goes. Bottle exchange on the bike is a snap without a challenge. With so many bikes bottle challenged today this was a pleasant surprise how much I really like it.
I am also much happier to have bottles vs water bags. Its a minimalist pack so pumps either go on bike or you pack CO2s.

And on sale too. Hmm. Filling the camelback is a bit of a hassle, if the bottles stay put this could be a winner.
Thanks!

I tried a hip pack from Rei, the Osprey Savu. Bottles were easily accessible but having something on my hips just wasn't for me; I had to cinch the belt so tight to keep it from bouncing it actually hurt. I recently bought the USWE and haven't looked back.
Everyone has their preferences so I'm glad yours worked out for you.

I tried a hip pack from Rei, the Osprey Savu. Bottles were easily accessible but having something on my hips just wasn't for me; I had to cinch the belt so tight to keep it from bouncing it actually hurt. I recently bought the USWE and haven't looked back.
Everyone has their preferences so I'm glad yours worked out for you.
If you tried this one I can guarantee you will not notice the sensation of those other hippacks. It sits lower, I swear you don't feel like you are wearing anything. I ride with a guy who has the osprey one and it looks like a big cluster F. But again it is a preference thing. As I said I prefer to have bottles and not to have the monkey on my back 😁👍

I agree, tried a few hip backs and just couldn’t get into them. Only wear one for NICA.

Back
Top Bottom