Things are good

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtluke

The Moped
The answer is nobody...this is a situation where you have to hire based on potential.

Which, btw, in my 20 years of management, hiring by focusing on potential has yielded much better hires than focusing on "qualifications".

The presidential position does not leave room for on the job training, no matter how much potential.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
The presidential position does not leave room for on the job training, no matter how much potential.

so are you saying one has to be president before one is president? or be 'promoted' from VP to president? if this were the case, you'd have to be president of a multinational corporation, a 5 star general who has been in at least two wars (one global scale, one small scale), have been through a depression, have been through an energy crisis, have been through blah-blah-blah all before you are finally qualified to be president.

no president has seen it all, be it before their presidency, during it, or after it. every president, republican or democrat, has received on the job training. some do a good job - for example, JFK had no training for the missile crisis, i'd say he did a good job dealing with that. some do a bad job - for example, jimmy carter boffed the economic crisis he had to deal with.

Panhead

the stock market is really enjoying who we picked

I'm no wiz on the market, but I heard that even though Wall Street doesn't like the Dem plan of taxing, they love their plan on spending so they favor that over the Rep plan of cutting spending and reducing taxes.

Don't worry Luke- when they come for your toys I'll be on the roof with you wearing my MTBNJ shirt with the bottle opener hanging off my scope.

gtluke

The Moped
so are you saying one has to be president before one is president? or be 'promoted' from VP to president? if this were the case, you'd have to be president of a multinational corporation, a 5 star general who has been in at least two wars (one global scale, one small scale), have been through a depression, have been through an energy crisis, have been through blah-blah-blah all before you are finally qualified to be president.

no president has seen it all, be it before their presidency, during it, or after it. every president, republican or democrat, has received on the job training. some do a good job - for example, JFK had no training for the missile crisis, i'd say he did a good job dealing with that. some do a bad job - for example, jimmy carter boffed the economic crisis he had to deal with.

did you read my previous post?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You guys can have this thread for another day then I'm locking it because it's starting to suck.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
You guys can have this thread for another day then I'm locking it because it's starting to suck.

well said! like i said earlier, id rather argue about riding locations or wheel size than politics. mountain biking is my escape from the bullshit, so having the bullshit on here is kind of aggrivating. :lock::lock::lock:

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
well said! like i said earlier, id rather argue about riding locations or wheel size than politics. mountain biking is my escape from the bullshit, so having the bullshit on here is kind of aggrivating. :lock::lock::lock:

MIG, I don't want to sound like a POG (pissy old guy), but if you want to avoid off-topic subjects on the site, don't read posts in the off-topic forum.

We bike nerds w/no social life outside of this site have to talk about something else once in a while :D

There are no bullshit topics...only bullshit posts...

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
i see this is still open......:hmmm:

don't fight, maybe this will cheer you up....or finally lock this thread :rolleyes:

hillary_clinton_boobs_bill_cleavage.jpg

Shaggz

A strong 7
I say leave it open. I don't wish to engage in these conversations, but it is mostly civil.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
MIG, I don't want to sound like a POG (pissy old guy), but if you want to avoid off-topic subjects on the site, don't read posts in the off-topic forum.

We bike nerds w/no social life outside of this site have to talk about something else once in a while :D

There are no bullshit topics...only bullshit posts...

fair enough, you old bastard. :D

MTB Aussie

Check out the Aussie definition of YOB.
yobbo

The funny part was when I went to UD to look this up, the front page gave me several definitions that were related to this thread.

PEWS

Election Erection

And what made me laugh was this one, right there among the election related definitions:
Bike Sexual

That should be justification to keep the thread open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom