Them roads are dangerous

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I sold my road bike after getting clipped for the second time in 3 years. Road riding in NJ is scary, and here in Monmouth County there are not a lot of bike lanes, and now that I think of it, not even much in the way of shoulders in some areas. The D-bag who sent me into a ditch last time didn't even tap his brakes after snapping off his mirror on my back. Now it's off road, or the rails to trails for me. Yes I can be called a wuss on this subject.

Last edited:

ellenserruto

When I stopped by the bike shop today one of the mechanics shocked me! He was struck while riding on the main road in our town last Weds. evening (driver kept on going). Today was his first day back at work. . . trust me his face looks scary but at least its not DESTROYED like his helmut. Hmmmm. . maybe I'll stick to the woods.

TommyCrash

Awwwww Crap! With $4.00 a gallon on the horizon I was going to ride (8miles) one way to work as soon as the weather gets a little warmer and the huge potholes get filled in. I've done it before but I go into work at 5 pm and leave around 11:00pm. It's all back roads and there are hardly any cars at that time. Now I'm going to be second guessing every time I want to ride. I know road riding is dangerous and night even more even though I'm lit up all over the place. Even a reflective contruction worker vest. Oh well, we'll see what happens. Be safe!

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I would invest in the new Planet Bike blinkie light. That thing is a cross between a airliner strobe, and a laser Floyd show

Top Bottom