the X games

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
so, who's watching? last night was pretty tame...yes, those guys are sick going big, but backflip variations on motorcycle are routine for these guys now. the craziest thing from last night was that guy that literally fell from 40 feet in the air straight to the very bottom of the transition in skateboarding's big air contest. i was getting a beer so i missed it :)D), but when they showed the "highlight" i could not believe that the guy was alive, let alone walked off the ramp.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I forgot about them until I saw that highlight in the news....Damn, he must be made out of rubber.

bobkennelly

X games

so, who's watching? last night was pretty tame...yes, those guys are sick going big, but backflip variations on motorcycle are routine for these guys now. the craziest thing from last night was that guy that literally fell from 40 feet in the air straight to the very bottom of the transition in skateboarding's big air contest. i was getting a beer so i missed it :)D), but when they showed the "highlight" i could not believe that the guy was alive, let alone walked off the ramp.

I saw it, that guy should have two broken ankles, when he hit the floor, both shoes flew off of him like he got hit by a bus, he is one lucky S.O.B.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
tony hawk was like 'that was the definition of "rag doll"'. i wished that guy who tried the double backflip didn't get hurt. i love the fact he came from the UP of MI in a freaking ambulance towing his own ramp to LA. suked that he got hurt.

Spylab

The X-Games is basically water these days; I have no interest in tuning in to any of it. There was once a heyday in the late nineties where the events were not only "extreme" but also far from your run-of-the-mill BMX/Skateboard/MotoX formats (which, it seems, is all that is left of the X games).

I loved street luge (esp. super mass), flatland BMX, X-Adventure, and the crazy stuff like sky surfing, bungee, downhill skateboarding, climbing and the inline skating events. Even the winter lost most of its best events (pro modified snowshovel racing!) for whatever reason.

I don't know; the tricks are getting crazier, but the events themselves are dull as hell. They should bring back some of the old and merge the Red Bull Rampage with X games or something...

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i actually agree with you but i love to watch anyway. why the ever did away with street luge i'll never know. THAT was hardcore.

ArmyOfNone

When the x games first started, i felt like there was much more hype for the games. Now it doesnt seem to be the same.

I will say to call it tame might be a bit off. There are guys attempting double backflips on goddamn motorcycles! Are you kidding?! How bout that set up that the skaters/bmxr's are riding?

I was in aw today watching these guys...insanity!

I will say in the earlier days there were some events like flatland that are missing that would be great to see again.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
does anyone remeber when they had downhill bmx for two years and woodward? That was pretty sick, I think the last double was 50', pretty huge on a bmx bike. I think it was 2001 and 2002

Top Bottom