The Wildcat Epic

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
5 stages, 4 days, 3 nights, 2 teammates, 1 amazing race experience.

The Wildcat Epic is a new 4-day mountain biking experience that will take place between June 18th and June 21st, 2009 in the Catskill Mountains of New York. This event features two-person teams competing in five stages including two time trials and three cross country stages. Along the way the Catskill Mountains will test and reward you as you make your way from New Paltz to Hunter.

http://www.wildcatepic.com/

:hmmm:maybe i can still put this on Santa's list....

Glancing Aft

If I'm reading it right, it might already be booked up? That's a shame, even with the steep price I'd be highly interested.

"Registration for the 2009 Wildcat Epic will open on January 1st, 2009. In November of 2008 we previewed the race to the 7,500 names in the Genesis Adventures database to begin forming a pre-registration list. We are happy to report that list is now filled! On January 1st, those teams will get first rights to register for the event.

If your name is not currently on the pre-registration list and you are interested in participating, you can join our waiting list by emailing us at info@genesisadventures.com. Please include the subject "Wildcat Epic Waiting List". Space permitting, we will begin allowing wait list competitors to register starting on February 1st, 2009."

xc62701

If I'm reading it right, it might already be booked up? That's a shame, even with the steep price I'd be highly interested.

"Registration for the 2009 Wildcat Epic will open on January 1st, 2009. In November of 2008 we previewed the race to the 7,500 names in the Genesis Adventures database to begin forming a pre-registration list. We are happy to report that list is now filled! On January 1st, those teams will get first rights to register for the event.

If your name is not currently on the pre-registration list and you are interested in participating, you can join our waiting list by emailing us at info@genesisadventures.com. Please include the subject "Wildcat Epic Waiting List". Space permitting, we will begin allowing wait list competitors to register starting on February 1st, 2009."

I may be wrong by I enterpret that as saying they invited 7500 people to the event, not that they have already registered. If they have...good luck keeping track of 7500 people...lol. Yea the price is kinda high and the timing is bad. I'm in the middle of administering final exams then. I've got my eyes on a different epic race in Colorado. I doubt it may happen but it's fun to dream...

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
My buddy already pre-registered....I knew I had a 1% or less chance to pull this off at home:mad: so I didn't preregister....oh well, maybe next year...

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
this race looks awesome, and it would be perfect for my bro and I to race...but 1200 is just way too much..but i plan on doing another adventure race this year, so maybe ill be reserved for next year

VanDbtRiver

I think they offered the members of genesis racing first dibs. If they don't put down the money by Jan 1, it opens up the opportunity to civilians. I think this could be an awesome race, the Cats really are a powderkeg of MTB potential. It is a 5 day race and 1200 is a ton of money for play these days. Maybe if you could opt out of the meal plan you could save a couple $.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
1200 per team.....so it is 600, still not cheap, but considering all meals, the trail donations and all it takes to put on an event like this, I think it is not that much...isn{t the granny gear 24hr races about $300 entree fee_ and that is just 1 day!!! I believe it is not crazy expensive for a 4 day race, but still too much for my 2009 biking fun budget as I mentioned earlier.....DAMN!! Next year I gotta put home improvements before biking :mad::mad::mad: I think it is time to send my wife back to work :D:D:D

trener1

Why is MTB racing so much more expensive then Road Racing?.

I would love to do this race, but the price most likely will keep me away.
I did the Green MT Stage race in VT last year, it's a 4 day event with road closures, so you know they are paying for the police etc.. and the cost was only like $90 or something in that ball park.

Glancing Aft

1200 per team.....so it is 600, still not cheap, but considering all meals, the trail donations and all it takes to put on an event like this, I think it is not that much...isn{t the granny gear 24hr races about $300 entree fee_ and that is just 1 day!!! I believe it is not crazy expensive for a 4 day race, but still too much for my 2009 biking fun budget as I mentioned earlier.....DAMN!! Next year I gotta put home improvements before biking :mad::mad::mad: I think it is time to send my wife back to work :D:D:D

You forgot that no accommodations are within that cost. You either have to pay for a hotel, or pay extra for them to port your gear.

Top Bottom