The Whole Enchilada Trail: Hannah Otto’s FKT Ride

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
WOW....that is a hell of an impressive effort.

bow-down-worthy.gif

Having done the W.E. 3 times now......like if you were to take a car ride to the top of the toll road at burke...its maybe 5min of driving...to get to NEAR the top of the W.E. in a van...its 45-60min as I recall...it is FAR!!!!!!!! Probably about 30 miles of climbing. Then you get to the hard part, the last bit to the top of burro pass. Doing all that, then bombing the 25 or so miles of the WE (which isnt all DH in reality).......dam! That would be some serious pain!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hannah is pretty awesome. She’s on the trainerroad podcast a lot and I’ve heard her talk about many things pertaining to training and recovery.
She has a great way of adding relatable takeaways when the conversations get drawn out and unfocused.
This FKT is impressive. She also won Leadville which is just insane.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
That was awesome. I’m always in awe of these top level athletes, especially the endurance racers. She’s amazing.

Turbotrix

Super impressive!
I can't believe she did that on only 2L of water
I would love to see how she handled the notch/snotch section
Pancakes looked good!. I think I need that mini griddle in my life

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Super impressive!
I can't believe she did that on only 2L of water
I would love to see how she handled the notch/snotch section
Pancakes looked good!. I think I need that mini griddle in my life
We use that mini griddle to cook eggs in our camper. It's amazing.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
not sure if this was posted somewhere else, but this is nuttier!

Braydon Bringhurst | 8600FT | Full Film​

Premiered Nov 2, 2022 Watch Braydon Bringhurst’s feature-length film “8600FT” above, documenting his climb of the iconic "Whole Enchilada'' trail in Moab, Utah. “The Whole Enchilada” is one of mountain biking’s most epic trails – attracting expert-level riders from around the globe to Moab, Utah, to challenge its 8000-plus feet of descending over rugged and raw terrain littered with rock drops and boulder fields. But no one has ever tried to ride up every inch of the trail – until now. Equally mentally challenging as physical, “8600FT” is a 1.5-hour feature-length film of Braydon Bringhurst’s attempt to summit "The Whole Enchilada."

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
That was pretty impressive, especially since she did it on a Mach 4. I had trouble doing it with a Mach 6. I assume she cleared Snotch?

Rob Munro

not sure if this was posted somewhere else, but this is nuttier!

Braydon Bringhurst | 8600FT | Full Film​

Premiered Nov 2, 2022 Watch Braydon Bringhurst’s feature-length film “8600FT” above, documenting his climb of the iconic "Whole Enchilada'' trail in Moab, Utah. “The Whole Enchilada” is one of mountain biking’s most epic trails – attracting expert-level riders from around the globe to Moab, Utah, to challenge its 8000-plus feet of descending over rugged and raw terrain littered with rock drops and boulder fields. But no one has ever tried to ride up every inch of the trail – until now. Equally mentally challenging as physical, “8600FT” is a 1.5-hour feature-length film of Braydon Bringhurst’s attempt to summit "The Whole Enchilada."

I enjoyed watching his video edit at the very beginning as well. anyone that has seen the Snotch in person...going up is inconceiveable. there's one attempt where he ALMOST cleans the whole section. I literally flopped back on my couch when he dabbed at the top. not to mention finishing it up with a "nice" climb up Hazard and Burro Pass. Come on.

its a tough call though. I'm not sure which impresses me more. its like picking my favorite jolly rancher. can't do it, won't do it. and you really can't lose.

Top Bottom