The what new bike are you considering thread

Captain Brainstorm

I am by no means a weight weenie but I can almost guarantee that that outdated by doesn’t write anything like the current bikes

My bike doesn’t ride like any current bikes, it rides better than most of the ones I’ve tried, otherwise I wouldn’t still be riding it. Aside from geometry, there hasn’t been any new revolutionary development in suspension.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Now that the Nomad4 is no longer slated to mostly “Park” and doing something stupid duty, I need to lighten her up (and ride her more). Tire swap and handlebars alone should get me 2+ lbs. if I’m still around come bonus time, I’ll put a proper wheel set on her.

Relax gang, I’ve got something else in the works for “Park”. Took some advice @mattybfat and @mtbiker87 gave me some time ago. 2020 will in some part be #summerOfParkPartDeux

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Dan is going to show us the 1989 Dan!
1989 huh...89/90 my best guess on the when,
1570733292223.jpg

I’m on the right and the CEO is in the middle.

My buddy Marty (The Flash) is on the left.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
My bike doesn’t ride like any current bikes, it rides better than most of the ones I’ve tried, otherwise I wouldn’t still be riding it. Aside from geometry, there hasn’t been any new revolutionary development in suspension.
Geo kinda a big deal doe

Captain Brainstorm

Geo kinda a big deal doe

Its a big deal if you're riding a bike from 2010, but if your bike is only 3-4yrs old, I question how big of a deal it is. I think there's a point of diminishing returns when you too long or slack on a trail bike. I spent a month on a longer and slacker bike and I was slower everywhere, multiple parks. Its not to say I'd get the same result on a different bike, but for me I'm more interested in the overall ride vs. the geo numbers. I'd actually prefer not knowing the numbers before I go on a test ride.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Its a big deal if you're riding a bike from 2010, but if your bike is only 3-4yrs old, I question how big of a deal it is. I think there's a point of diminishing returns when you too long or slack on a trail bike. I spent a month on a longer and slacker bike and I was slower everywhere, multiple parks. Its not to say I'd get the same result on a different bike, but for me I'm more interested in the overall ride vs. the geo numbers. I'd actually prefer not knowing the numbers before I go on a test ride.
Obviously it is hard to say, but that 3-4 year ago mark seems to be when the most significant shift in geo happened. But yeah, 3 years isn’t the “old geo”. I have the ‘17 v2 5010. If you compare that to say, Giant, they were maybe a year behind the “trend”. Belieb me, I am not a change it up with the latest ever year type of person, but it people are riding a FS more than 5 years old, the changes have been significant since then

TimBay

Obviously it is hard to say, but that 3-4 year ago mark seems to be when the most significant shift in geo happened. But yeah, 3 years isn’t the “old geo”. I have the ‘17 v2 5010. If you compare that to say, Giant, they were maybe a year behind the “trend”. Belieb me, I am not a change it up with the latest ever year type of person, but it people are riding a FS more than 5 years old, the changes have been significant since then
Wish they had a leasing program, like with cars. Just trade it in for a new one every 3 years.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Truth be told, I’m not totally in love with the “modern geo”. At least not for around here. BB is too low on most bikes. My Nomad 4 for example rides a million times better in the upper position and I’ll take my Tallboy 2 (with my unapproved modifications) over the TB 3 or 4 for that matter any day of the week. For me, the advances of the last five years or so in suspension coupled with the pervasiveness of quality multi-link platforms is what really makes the ride.

Top Bottom