Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Races

Campgaw Mtn Reservation (Sun) - CX in Mahwah

Group Rides

Fake-A-Muchy - Saturday, the stand-in for this year's 50k
Hoboken Ski Club Brew Pub Ride - Sunday, beginner ride, beer at the end
Wawayanda group ride - Leaving from the boat launch area 10:00 Saturday. Sure to include all your favorites (that is if they include Sitting Bear, Lookout, Pickle, Rattlesnake etc...). Medium pace.

Trail Maintenance

Much TM to choose from this week...

• Tourne - Saturday, trying to finish a much needed trail reroute. Ry will make you hamburgers/veggie burges if you come.
  • Wawayanda - Sunday, no details on this event.
  • Ringwood - Sunday, Continuing work on reroute on Race course. Meet at parking Lot C at 9:00a.m. Tools will be supplied. Be prepared to ride to work site.
  • South Mountain - Sunday, Meet at Millburn Public Library – we’ll be working on the Elmdale (Blue) trail (just north of the intersection of Glen Ave and Brookside Drive) completing reroute around the “gulch” and starting restoration of the old section of trail. The work area is about 1/4 mile North of the trailhead at Glen Avenue

Weekly Trail Conditions Report

Allaire Average (10-3) - Downgraded to average, since according to one rider it is "very dry, dusty, and getting sandier each day....we need rain." Another rider reported "Dry, dry, dry. Sand is mighty deep on sections of orange and blue trails." Not a destination park this weekend.

Allamuchy West/Tranquility Good (10-3) - Reported good.

Allamuchy East/Waterloo Good (10-3) - Reported good.

Allamuchy Deer Park/Stephens Good (10-3) - Both reported in good condition.

Chimney Rock Good (9-27) - "Chimney Rock is dry & dusty....too dry"

Hartshorne & Huber Average (9-21) - No updates, though it was eroded and dry 2 weeks ago. So like Allaire, best to not make it a destination if you're not local.

Jungle Habitat Good (10-4) - "Rode Jungle Hab trails 9/29 and they were indeed getting dusty." As of 10/4 I have, "Great conditions, bone dry. Leaves are just starting to fall up here."

Kittatinny Valley Good (9-14) - No updates

Mercer County Park Good (10-2) - "Rode Mercer yesterday, very dry and getting sandy in the usually spots."

Lewis Morris Good (9-23) - "I did the race loop a few times and aside from 6 or 7 piles of horse crap it was in excellent shape."

Mahlon Dickerson Good (10-3) - Sean says Mahlon is the same as last week, but only it's this week. Last week he said, "Mahlon Dickerson is in excellent shape. nearly all of the 'always' wet spots are very dry and actually ridable/firm. the typically loose stuff is looser. acorns and birch leaves are on the ground, so be mindful of that while turning/climbing"

Ringwood/Ramapo Good (10-4) - Ramapo reported as "Dry and great conditions. Leaves starting to turn." And from someone else, "Great conditions, bone dry. Leaves are just starting to fall up here."

Round Valley Good (9-18) - No updates recently, though the last update had RV as dry with some of the loose rocky areas getting looser.

Six Mile Good (9-26) - "Six Mile is in great shape, no mud. Its a little to dry in some areas, especially the area uphill from the concrete bridge. Enjoy these conditions while you can, the winter mud is just around the corner."

Sourlands Good (10-3) - This place is "dry as a bone," according to Jeff. I assume this is not a bone that was pulled out of stew.

Tourne Good (10-2) - "he Tourne is dry like a sandbox. All climbs are really loose. Trails are slower than normal."

Wawayanda Good (9-25) - "Rode 9/25 and conditions were ideal."

Wildcat WMA Good (9-30) - "Great conditions, bone dry. Leaves are just starting to fall up here."

Last edited:

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Norm!

Also, Wawayanda group ride leaving from the boat launch area 10:00 Saturday. Sure to include all your favorites (that is if they include Sitting Bear, Lookout, Pickle, Rattlesnake etc...). Medium pace.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cool man, thanks for the feedback. Both changes made in the OP.

ytc100

Couldn't agree less with the Tourne comments. Yesterday I found the trails to be perfect tacky hardpack with some slick leaves in spots. Kind of damp actually. The only loose climb I found was the gravel road to the top.

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
Rode CR after school today... it's a dust bowl. Trails have more rocks exposed, and the creek beds are dry. If you need a quickie ride this weekend for only an hour or so, CR will be ideal. ;)

mwlikesbikes

Norm!

Also, Wawayanda group ride leaving from the boat launch area 10:00 Saturday. Sure to include all your favorites (that is if they include Sitting Bear, Lookout, Pickle, Rattlesnake etc...). Medium pace.
how many people you expecting? how long do you plan to ride? i don't know the trails ther too well so it would be nice to ride there with some who know it

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
M.C.P.S. update.

Hartshorne and Huber are as they were, dry, abused, and in need of some love. Thompson, and Tatum are dry and good to go.

Greater NJ Trail Report

:p According to my personally obtained, and unofficial, truthful meteorological data, since it hasn't rained in,....oh,...say about 40 days and 40 nights,....give or take a week or two,...or three,....,and temperatures are well above average,.....trail conditions can be considered dry, dusty, loose and sandy,....for the most part. ;)

Top Bottom