The weather this week!

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What are your thoughts? Vote and be heard!

edit- I was trying to make this a poll...which obviously didn't happen.
 
Last edited:

rocknrollgirl

Well-Known Member
stinks

well,
At least I did not have to worry about jumping back on my bike too quickly after the 12 O'Muddy. Seriously, I had my fill of rain and mud last w/e. This is starting to tick me off....just a little.....
 

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Ant said:
That's why god invented trainers. lol
That's been on my "things to spend money I don't have on" list for a few years now. LOL
 

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
yeah, i'm going to be on the stationary bike the next couple of days myself. at the very least, i'm keeping my legs fresh so that when the weather actually does break, i can get out on the road and build up the base miles. my next ride i'm shooting for 30 miles. not a lot, but five more than i've ever done and not so easy on the converted mountain bike. i'm trying to increase my long road ride every week by five miles. hopefully, anyway.
 
A

Ant

Guest
bonefishjake said:
yeah, i'm going to be on the stationary bike the next couple of days myself. at the very least, i'm keeping my legs fresh so that when the weather actually does break, i can get out on the road and build up the base miles. my next ride i'm shooting for 30 miles. not a lot, but five more than i've ever done and not so easy on the converted mountain bike. i'm trying to increase my long road ride every week by five miles. hopefully, anyway.
Nice. I just did a personal best too. I did 20.5 miles at an average of 16mph. Been gearing up for my 30 mile ride on saturday. It's for charity but I still want to kick the crap out of everyone. lol I even stopped eating for a couple days to lose a few lbs for that last little bit of advantage....I'm so pathetic.
 
M

MikeM

Guest
Ant said:
lol I even stopped eating for a couple days to lose a few lbs for that last little bit of advantage....I'm so pathetic.
Ant-orexia



bad joke, back to the shed
 

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
nice ant...congrats! if you seriously want to cut a couple lbs. off, head to GNC and pick up 5lb can of protien powder, then shoprite (or where ever) and a gallon of skim milk. supplement two, or three meals (based on five small meals a day) with a protien shake. as long as you are working out, you'll burn the calories and it the influx of protien into your system won't be stored as fat. i'd also be drinking like two gallons of water a day.

Ant said:
Nice. I just did a personal best too. I did 20.5 miles at an average of 16mph. Been gearing up for my 30 mile ride on saturday. It's for charity but I still want to kick the crap out of everyone. lol I even stopped eating for a couple days to lose a few lbs for that last little bit of advantage....I'm so pathetic.
 
M

MCAWVU

Guest
I agree with bonefish jake...if you do nothing but starve yourself your body will start cannobolizing muscle not fat...if you work out and take in less calories then you burn as with the protein shakes and shitloads of water you'll be dropping weight quicker and healthier...take it from a fat guy that's down ten pounds...i lost 6 lbs my first week of dieting by just exercising and watching my intake.
 

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
this weather sucks, but looks like its clearing for saturday.

yopu guys are right... losing weight is technically simple:

calories in - calories burned (exercise) = calorie deficit or surplus

when you have a deficit, your body burns internal stores of energy, such as the roll of fat around your belly. if you have a surplus you add to the roll.

its the limiting of calories a bit and adding in the exercise that fatsos (like I used to be) have the trouble with.

exercice is more important than diet and fad diets are the worst, as are bs wieght loss pills.

bike, run, whatever regularly... and eat balanced meals in moderation, you'll be fine. i read a book on this recently, i'd recommend: "Eat Smart, Play Hard" by Liz Applegate, PhD

again easy to preach... hard to apply... I am still stuck at 175 (want to drop to 165) but after Saturday I should be down to 160! (209 mile road ride, Longest Day, don't ask me why... I was dared to do it. ) ;)
 
Last edited:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
according to this i should get on a stationary bike and starve myself.
 

pooriggy

Well-Known Member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jake is going to buy everyone on the team snow shoes so we can beat in a trail for short track in March. Jake it may be cheaper to buy an MTBNJ snow mobile. Boy, its a good thing I have a snow mobile license.
 

pooriggy

Well-Known Member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
^then we'll need to pull a groomer behind snow mobile to make perfect condish for fussy bikes.
 

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Team MTBNJ Halter's
we could easily snowmobile those trails at BSA and it would be rippin.
 
Top