The (unofficial) Tour de Fat

Lol
I rode a bike today this marks my second ride of the year according to strava. I did learn the rollers after a third try then haven't been on since.

I forgot that in order to free your cluttered space you need to find time to clear it. This is somethings I lost and need to get myself back to. It rained and thunder and I was relaxed because I was alone on a bike pushing myself to my limit. This is much better then surfing my couches which is where I have been finding myself because of work overload.

Here is the plan
Are you out of shape
Haven't been riding
Just getting back
Beginner
Wanting to introduce a teen
Feel overwhelmed in group setting

I am gonna start a Tuesday beginners ride 5:30 in deer park and one weekend ride with at either DP, North, Stephens, KVSP or Mahlon.

I have been at this a long time so I can help you while you come and help me get back to where I belong.

Who's in?

Great idea, but may be the last thing you need. Seems like another thing that may turn into a job.

Why not ride for yourself on Tuesdays? Your previous posts seem to paint your life as very cluttered, this may add to it.

I could also be way outta line.

tuesday night is baseball starting in a few weeks - but i can try for next tuesday!

Boy wonder did not make the HS baseball team which is probably the real motivator here. In turn we made a agreement to cycle after school and attend a few of the NY NICA races and maybe a H2h this year.

This will help 2 fold because I plan to be a NICA coach for our Regional school district. So yes adding more cluster to my life but in reality this is where my passion has always been.

Peeps are always looking for someone to ride with, It should get some interest eventually. After work start times should help.

Saving anyone from a team sport is a divine gesture. I will get a bike someday and join you. Last time I was out was DP with you,WeeLee and his buddy, so we,re talkin decades basically......

Boy wonder did not make the HS baseball team which is probably the real motivator here. In turn we made a agreement to cycle after school and attend a few of the NY NICA races and maybe a H2h this year.

This will help 2 fold because I plan to be a NICA coach for our Regional school district. So yes adding more cluster to my life but in reality this is where my passion has always been.
Very cool, then that's where you need to be. Can we do one day at the mountain this year, maybe just a few runs?

Getting into a weekly routine and having others 'counting on you' could be great motivation & fun.
This is huge, I think you being the ride leader will make you less likely to bail for simple things. Once you get 2-3 in a row, you'll be back in the swing of things. I like the idea of having others help you get out while you can help other cyclists grow too. MATTYBBACK!

That's a great idea, give back while getting back! My looking forward to bringing my fiancee to these as she would love to start mountain biking at a beginner level. Plus, it's not a far drive.

This is huge, I think you being the ride leader will make you less likely to bail for simple things. Once you get 2-3 in a row, you'll be back in the swing of things. I like the idea of having others help you get out while you can help other cyclists grow too. MATTYBBACK!
He's bailed twice on me mid-ride and left me wit his peeps, but I'm thinkin that doin that in front of the kids would be way too humiliating, so you may be right. I'm gonna by me a bicycle, join big brothers and get in on this...........

Back
Top Bottom