The (unofficial) Tour de Fat

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you need to call me cell is 908 339 1641-Matt also worth mentioning two tubes, chain link (as I snapped my last week and had to call wife) energy foods, plenty of water, and I suggest carrying your best deet as ticks and mosquitoes are by the boat loads!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good group - Matt, Mark(c?), Eric(k,q?), Brett, me. Good pace. Good ride. One bad cramp, minor mechanicals, home by 11:30.

Thanks to Matt for organizing and leading.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/8447969

Mike

Yes indeed very good bunch that braved the slick conditions, if it weren't for my misfortunes we could have gotten in maybe a bit more. Hope you all enjoyed and will be posting up another one of these soon.

Zaskar

Thanks for the tour Matt...great ride! Mental note for me: don't leave Clif bars in the car. :eek:

- Eric

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Turned out to be a tight group. 5 very different riding styles and backgrounds that just seemed to work. Thanks Matt:D

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
iiiiiit's back!

EDIT TIME CHANGE
-copy from 1st post

this is my typical Sunday ride that I do with my dog, here is what I promise:

Start and finish from deer park
25-30 miles that will include two parks (DP & Stephens)
intermediate pace
plenty of technical sections
long climbs
exhilarating downhills
lots of raw singletrack to pump track like

sound like something you want then meet 4/3 SAT. at 11:30 am at first parking lot at Deer Park.

Last edited:

Chris26er

Team MTBNJ.com-Halter's
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I cant get out early, gotta wait for wifey to get back from the gym. Is there anyway you can post the route so I can follow it later that day?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I cant get out early, gotta wait for wifey to get back from the gym. Is there anyway you can post the route so I can follow it later that day?

with not any intrest so far I may push it to later morning like 11am-12. This will give wifey the chance for the early shift...

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
sound like something you want then meet 4/3 at 7:00 am at first parking lot at Deer Park.

I want in but no can do this Sunday=Easter. Ima try and get on next sundays tour bus. I miss riding with you & the plumber up northway, things been getting busy at work + we're into soccer/baseball season.
This is why I like the winter...more riding time.:D

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I want in but no can do this Sunday=Easter. Ima try and get on next sundays tour bus. I miss riding with you & the plumber up northway, things been getting busy at work + we're into soccer/baseball season.
This is why I like the winter...more riding time.:D

This is saturday poo got an excuse for this too :popcorn:

Last edited:

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
ooooooooo.....

I've never been to these parks. If you're gonna do the later start times I think myself and my SS will have to make the trip up. I just put a 19t on it so this should be a good test...

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Its going to be beautiful out saturday...30miles on my bike is exactly how I want to spend the day. What about the "triple parker" chris told me about last weekend?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Its going to be beautiful out saturday...30miles on my bike is exactly how I want to spend the day. What about the "triple parker" chris told me about last weekend?

There is plenty of real hills in this that we don't need north, ask anyone who has been.

It is official 11:30am wheels down. Good weather and SS is what it's all about...

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Fair enough. I find out tomorrow if I work or not on saturday so count me in unless my boss puts me on. I should be fine due to working last saturday.

Top Bottom