The "Ultimate" Drivetrain?

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I should also note that the AXS shifter is powered by a CR2032 button battery. So that's one more battery you have to carry with you. Which I do. But the plastic packaging on those things has become so ridiculous. The last time I had to swap it on trail it took so long and I ended up using my tire puncture/plug tool to rip it open.

JonF

Question about the AXS der if the battery goes dead mid-ride... Does it stay in the last known position or retract in some way? Can you physically move it to a different gear pos by hand if needed?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Question about the AXS der if the battery goes dead mid-ride... Does it stay in the last known position or retract in some way? Can you physically move it to a different gear pos by hand if needed?

See above.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I should also note that the AXS shifter is powered by a CR2032 button battery. So that's one more battery you have to carry with you. Which I do. But the plastic packaging on those things has become so ridiculous. The last time I had to swap it on trail it took so long and I ended up using my tire puncture/plug tool to rip it open.
I wrap one up in electrical tape.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
On the flip side, on my Hardtail, I’m running a 12sp XT Shifter and derailleur with an Eagle chain and cassette.

Also works perfectly fine

one piece crank

I did not know it uses a CR2032. That is a lot easier to accept vs charging.

Top Bottom