The trusty duo

TimWarchol

Scum Sucker
So away in my cave for the past few weeks, I have been putting the final touches on two projects.. One being the Giant XTC 29 1 and the other, a Giant STP build.

The XTC is finally done. New brakes have been installed along with the bars and drive train.

Full XTC spec list:
  • Fox RLC F29 fork with 15mm thru
  • Stans Arch EX 29 wheels laced to stans 3.30ti hubs
  • Maxxis Ikon tires
  • Sram XX cranks
  • Sram XX cassette
  • Sram X0 RD
  • Sram XX shifters
  • Sram XX FD
  • Crankbros Eggbeater 2
  • Thompson post and stem
  • WTB Rocket V ti saddle
  • Ritchey WCS Carbon Bar
  • ODI Oury Grips
  • Formula R1 brakes

I have ridden the XTC and raced it all month now, and I am speech less. The bike is incredible. Climbs like a machine, dives into turns, the fox f29 fork set at 120mm soaks up everything without comprising speed. The XX cranks and FD give amazing shift quality that is next to none. the XO rd is light and strong. The wheels have stayed true since the day they have arrived from stans and they have well over 100 miles on them already. The R1 brakes stop on a dime. Its just awesome.
-1.jpg

-2.jpg

-3.jpg

-5.jpg

Full STP spec list:

Giant STP Frame single speed for now
  • Shimano Saint cranks (Not installed yet)
  • DT Swiss M1800 wheelset with 15mm thru front and 10mm thru rear
  • Hayes Stroker Ace brakes
  • Raceface Atlas bar
  • Easton Havoc stem
  • Fox 831 fork
  • Maxxis Ikon tires
  • VP pedals (not installed)
  • Thompson seatpost
  • Selle Itallia X2 saddle

Almost done for now. This will be a shop demo bike and my personal bike. I have rode it a few times at the pump track and its awesome. The bike is light and agile and speeds through the berms. I havent really ridden the bike yet to give a full review, but im sure i will be more than pleased. Im still awaiting for my cranks and pedals to come in but other than that, its basically done. I might switch over to geared soon and raise the fork to 120mm of travel.
-10.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
as an misquoted president from SNL...

Beautimus!

Top Bottom