soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm gonna change my answer. I think it's a hungover @soundz

scare00.jpg

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
Sorry David but you couldn't be anymore wrong. You spoke these poor creatures and they fall over playing well possum. For being our only local marsupial they are super benefit animal. They eat mice grubs and other pest. Poor opossums get a bad rap for just being slow and ugly.

and opossums are naturally immune to rabies

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
When I was camping out in the middle of nowhere alone this summer, I had a fire going and enjoying my beer and heard something in the woods probably 10 feet away from me. I thought it would just go away, but it kept on moving back and forth and closer. I shined a flashlight at it and it turned out to be a raccoon. Probably looking for food, but I didn't even have any food out other than the beer. I tried to scare it away, but it wouldn't budge. I threw a firewood toward it, and it jumped back maybe 1 inch. I just left it alone and eventually went away, but those raccoon are not like other animals that run away. And when you try to poke at it, it will get nasty. There was a family that got into my chimney once and one fell into the fireplace. That was an ordeal to get rid of.

xc62701

Yea another woman and her dog were followed or chased by something that she couldn't identify either. The article calling it a raccoon seems like a load of bs as well. It sounds more like a fisher cat. They are in the area, they just don't like to be near humans, as do most of the animals that could have done this.

gtluke

The Moped
I saw something walk across my yard at like 11pm one night last year. I got a good look at it through the window and i still can't decide what it was. It still bothers me. It was way bigger than a cat though. I live a couple miles from the tourne.
There is a family of all white (not albino) skunks that live here. They are awesome to see.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions