The Toughest Road Climbs in NJ

gingertooth

jesus christ. You guys are scaring me. lol....I have a torn meniscus and am riding the Boomer Bike tour this saturday and millbrook is in it. Hope i dont have to walk this. "never have never will" may come to an end this weekend....lol

rick81721

Lothar
I ended up paperboying more then half, it totally demoralised me today.

Hahah.. I never heard the expression "paperboying" - but as a former paperboy I know what you mean. I'm planning to hit fiddlers for the first time soon... will have to remember this - I think I'm gonna need it

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
jesus christ. You guys are scaring me. lol....I have a torn meniscus and am riding the Boomer Bike tour this saturday and millbrook is in it. Hope i dont have to walk this. "never have never will" may come to an end this weekend....lol

Ah that explains the B paint markings on most of this route. You will love the scenery.

Spylab

Ah that explains the B paint markings on most of this route. You will love the scenery.

Agreed.

This is my favorite part of New Jersey to ride bar none. Great scenery, low traffic (even when the roads are open), varied terrain. Can't be beat this time of year.

solorider

Any tips for a new BOOMR. This is actually my first organized road-ride.. Can't see the alternative; Sunday Cycle Mania at Blue Marsh will be a mess...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Planning to hit some of this stuff on Wednesday. Which is a must do? Fiddlers Creek or Iron Bridge?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Planning to hit some of this stuff on Wednesday. Which is a must do? Fiddlers Creek or Iron Bridge?

Do bofem. If u can do only one I'd say do Fiddlers, its harder. The wall at the top is more difficult then Iron Bridge imo.

rick81721

Lothar
I'm gonna try Fiddlers Elbow on saturday - drove it last sat just to check it out and that last climb looks ridiculous. Any tips for a novice? Paperboy-city??

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Have a section of a route planned out to do such....

Looking forward to reading your recap already. Are you riding from your house?

If so it's gonna be a long ride home...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Looking forward to reading your recap already. Are you riding from your house?

If so it's gonna be a long ride home...

I plan to....Looks like right around 100 miles up through Hunterdon and then back through the sourlands. Bail out is 579 to 31 all the way home....

rick81721

Lothar
Fiddlers was a bastard - I tried it yesterday - made it to the wall and died. At least there are other climbs around there that are more fun (Fiddlers not fun at all).

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
This is obviously the toughest climb in NJ - strava says so....
Check the starting altitude...

Way to have solid business rules in place - this wouldn't happen over at Under Armour....

http://www.strava.com/segments/1502830

Last edited:
Top Bottom