The threat continues - freeride NJ ;)

B

Bean

So I've been pushing my buddy Steve to commit to some NJ ride dates (since he has the van)

Here is a vid of us riding just north of Westchester. Looking for some similar items over on your side of the world. (I'm fine with pure XC myself) That way I can put some pressure on Steve and get some more footage for 08.

Take a look at the Hobbyhorse vid:

http://www.joybean.com/BeansBikes/Movies.html

Bean

T

tlnj

How are the trail conditions looking on your side of the pond? I'm kinda on a westchester kick. Hoping to hit sprain, blue, or graham this weekend if we don't get a blizard tomorrow.

Your crew would probably have some fun on the northbound yellow trail at the top of skyline drive. Lots of big rocks to jump off (though nothing quite like the coffin) and some of the most tech xc around.

Take 287 over the TZ bridge and stay on 287 till the skyline drive exit. Proceed up skyline drive and park at the lot at the top of the hill. Cross the road and head north about .5 mile--you'll see the entrance to a red-blazed trail(cannonball)on your right, which will join with the yellow. Follow the yellow and just play around.Or maybe take yellow till you hit a green connector trail (just after the lookout), bomb that down the hill and hook up cannonball, which will loop you back to where you started.

sixseven

great vids...pushing me one step closer to ditching the xc bike and tights for a FR/DH rig and putting myself back out in the zone. thanks so much! loving it!

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I agree, that Yellow trail has to be one of the most technical trails in NJ.

You can keep going on Yellow to the other lookout and then white towards Pierson's Ridge/Ringwood, that is also MUCHO techincal...

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
You can keep going on Yellow to the other lookout and then white towards Pierson's Ridge/Ringwood, that is also MUCHO techincal...

Yup. Nice and rocky. Bean's familiar with it, though it's been a while...

Image-50E11D91D09011D9.jpg

B

Bean

That was one of the most fun rides I have had in years.

Exactly my type of terrain. Long and difficult. The weather was perfect that day too.

Bean

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
That was back when I was in XC shape. Too much freeride plus a 2 year old son have conspired to rob me of the fitness I once possessed. ;)

You're due for a Glen Park trip, Bean. It's not technically New Jersey, but you'll have to drive through Jersey to get there. Steve knows the way.

Top Bottom