The Things We Used To Do!

Oh Yeah....

Some more Rippers!

Looks like we're gonna have to convert some paper one's into digital too.

Attachments

• 1965 Impala Supersport.jpg
    1965 Impala Supersport.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 34
  • FZ1 Resize.jpg
    FZ1 Resize.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Memories, memories, memories....

Attachments

• OVA_05-06-06_094.jpg
    OVA_05-06-06_094.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1444.JPG
    IMG_1444.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 33
  • x015_13.JPG
    x015_13.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 44

The Kalmyk

Basketball...Jersey Shore League-Plainfield Summer League (rough but the best ball in central Jersey)-Five Points YMCA winter league (very good ball here)...At one point I was playing 6 days a week..It takes a MAJOR toll on the body...Had to hang em up...

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
That is one damn fine car!!

In '69, did Chevy make SS and RS versions?

Thanks. 'Bought it in a bucket. Finished it, then sold it to go racing. No regrets, but I do miss it.

Yes, they made a SS in '69.

RS was a "trim" option, so you could get it on plain jane (simply RS), SS, or Z28's.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Tim, that 69 Z is a beauty. I just shorted out the keyboard.:drooling:

Thanks. I always thought the '70 Cranberry Red worked well on that car.

I debated for a long time whether to go with the original color or not (Leman's Blue), but damn it, I wanted a red one. And after 5 years of frame off restoration, I figured I deserved that.:D

I miss it, but I do have visitation rights...I sold it to my bosses boss at the time.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
oooo formula ford, that must have been fun

Formula Continental!!!

2.0L instead of 1.6L, bigger tires, and wings!! 'Good couple seconds a lap quicker at a place like Limerock than a FF.

Okay, you got me, in Europe they are called Formula Ford 2000 instead of Formula Continental :D:D

Fun, no. Religious experience, yes. Fun simply doesn't cover it.

BiknBen

I used to play a mean game of beach volleyball in the early to mid-90's. In one year I played 15 of 20 tourneys up and down the Jersey shore. Since I lived in north Jersey, I became intimately familiar with the GSP during that time. Living out of my car for the weekend became the norm too. :eek:

Eventually, my partner (2-man team) moved out of Jersey and the interest faded.

ArmyOfNone

I used to play a mean game of beach volleyball in the early to mid-90's. In one year I played 15 of 20 tourneys up and down the Jersey shore. Since I lived in north Jersey, I became intimately familiar with the GSP during that time. Living out of my car for the weekend became the norm too. :eek:

Eventually, my partner (2-man team) moved out of Jersey and the interest faded.

Thank goodness for that!

L

lifeisgoodrideNJ

KARTING!!!! 125 rotax fun fun. i had a swiss hutless 100cc four hole can. 2000 i was oakland valley rookie of the year. So much fun.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
KARTING!!!! 125 rotax fun fun. i had a swiss hutless 100cc four hole can. 2000 i was oakland valley rookie of the year. So much fun.

Cool. I ran up at OVRP too...

It was fun, but I never got into it as much as I thought I would. Dunno' why. Not sure if it was because it seemed so tame after the Formula Continental or because the kart drove/handled so differently from a suspended car w/a differential or because I couldn't figure out how to tune the chassis in a way that made sense to me.

The last year I had it I only was motivated to hit the track once, so away she went...

My buddy Bruce (used to race Formula Atlantic--top 10 in national championships in the early 90's) ended up the same place.

Sad really...it is sooo much cheaper than FC it'd been great if I could've gotten really into it...

L

lifeisgoodrideNJ

Yeah tuning the chassies was a bit hard. A few weeks ago I was down at the new racetrack in south jersey at a star mazda and formula atlantic race and i got free garage passes they a very fast. and look like tons of fun

Top Bottom