The Tale of the Cursed Jersey

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
As some of you might know i am a HUGE fan of the band Iron Maiden. For a few months i was trying the find one of the jerseys that Primal Wear put out a couple of years ago and was not able to come across one.

One day i was riding with Walter and Dustin and Walter told me he would trade one of my bike seats for his Iron Maiden jersey that didnt fit him anymore. He kinda joked about it being cursed because he had only worn it one time and busted up his shoulder during that ride and was out of the saddle for some time.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and i met up with Walter the day before the first beginner ride at Allaire and we made the trade. I get it in my hands and couldnt be anymore happy about it. The next morning i wake up and pack up my bike and head to work. THIS is the day that my eye condition started. Four months go by before im back on the bike.

My first ride back on the bike i wore this jersey. the ride went smooth but that night i got a nasty lower back pain. i didnt think anything of it and after a few days the pain had gone away. I did a few more rides wearing a few of my other jerseys and had fantastic rides overall.

This morning i packed up my stuff and grabbed a jersey out of my bike clothes and it happened to be the maiden jersey. I didnt think anything of it and got to the park and started the group ride. 25 minutes into the ride i flatted out my rear tire. No big deal, fixed it and continued on. The ride was going great and i was having an awesome time. We get to the ONLY climb in mercer next to the Dam and i started my accent. Got just about to the top which i was stoked on when my body for some reason just made me stop. i got off my bike and walked the 5 feet to the top and when i got there i knew something was up. SURE ENOUGH, i threw my lower back out. This has happened in the past but NEVER doing something like biking. Normally just happens from lifting things wrong and such.

SO, ive decided that im NEVER going to put that jersey on my back EVER again. infact if it wasnt such a cool jersey i might even burn it. But i am convinced now that it is cursed.

51X7L6-mJGL._SL160_.jpg

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
mine is curse-less :D

sorry about your back....

if you are not going to wear it....frame it! ;)

up the irons!

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
He kinda joked about it being cursed because he had only worn it one time and busted up his shoulder during that ride and was out of the saddle for some time.

Sounds like self fulfilling prophecy, you believe it to be true so it does come true.
Looks like eddie got the best of you.
Have an exorcism performed on the jersey and you'll be fine;)

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Dude,
that sucks frame it and your troubles will be over or pass it to some one you don't like and watch the fun...

Top Bottom