The Social Distancing in Isolation Contest & Never-ending Peter Pan Positivity Parlay

You spelled delicious wrong!

Delicious

8372pancetta_piccola.jpg

...not so much.

889B75AB-AD82-4913-B899-46F4EB4C811B.jpeg.jpg

This 100%. I've been cutting my own and friends hair since high school(used to do a mean high and tight until male pattern baldness set in) and once you do it for the first time and get over the nervousness, it's easy. Think of it like carving, you can take some off but you can't put it on. Also, it's easier to work against the direction it lays on your head.

Oh, and I also cut my wife's hair regularly. I've cut all of the kids too but they got too fancy and go to salons now(on their own dime) although I still do any coloring and highlights and stuff like that.

I think I said that before, but I consider you the modern renaissance man!

4/11

https://strava.app.link/VqiYyTosB5

Short respite from the oppressive heat and humidity which will return tomorrow. Winds back to the east. I noticed another behavior change - in the past, whenever I spotted a cyclist ahead on the road or trails, the inate cat and mouse chase instinct kicked in and I'd try to catch and pass them. Today, I spotted a roadie ahead as I approached a T intersection. Making the turn, he's about 40 yds ahead. Easy pickings but I thought, "I'm not riding in that clown's covid plume", so stayed well back until he turned off.

PS found some singletrack to the right of where I took this pic. Gotta explore it

IMG_20200411_121529_535.jpg

Last edited:
It was cold yesterday so I started last fire of the season.

Got out today on a tandem with Mrs OIeg.

Bike has been making noises, so I got it upside down to take a look. The tandem is done , we got a cracked frame.

I'm furloughed and shopping for a new tandem bike or frame. Who needs savings anyway,
IMG_20200410_183345411.jpg
IMG_20200411_134856601.jpg

4/11
Happy Passover & Easter everyone. Today I set up the Slackline/Ninja course for the boys then sparked up the BBQ for dinner. Hoping to get on the road bike tomorrow.

View attachment 125147
View attachment 125148View attachment 125146

wow - just wow. we've been trying the slackline on and off for years. probably get 5 seconds in before being ejected.

what are those extra things hanging?

well done - give the kids some kudos from me.

Got out for a short ride w/ my daughter in tow. Every time I hop on this bike I remember the chain is too short, I have a new one just keep forgetting to install it. Found some ductile iron pipe, valves, and a hydrant assembly sitting on the side of the road for a half finished water main replacement project near my neighborhood. Decided to take some pics since I work on the "data side" of water utilities. Some people on my team have never seen the things they're conceptualizing in a database, so this may be helpful at some point.

Later on we went outside, pic was taken about 30 seconds before she spilled her bubbles and then lost her shit. Thankfully that didn't last long.

IMG_20200411_114739.jpg
IMG_20200411_114836.jpg
IMG_20200411_154857.jpg

4/11

Huge day today.

The purple martin house used to be on the side of the old barn - well there isn't anyplace to put it out there,
and we always ended up with sparrows, so relocate. Took down the apple tree a couple months ago, and
bore a hole in the stump to accept the pole. and up she went.
yes, that stump was hard, and took me 20 minutes to drill in 6"

1586651649590.png

1586651698224.png

pear trees along the fence, cherry center back, purple on the right is peach, near right is blueberry.

Now it is time to send the garden tractor to the next person...the deck has been off for 7 years? since i got the bobcat ztr.
Gotta get it on, and cutting to make it "desirable" -

1586651808129.png

Spent about an hour lubing, and sharpening the blades. Took it for a quick test, and cut fine.
Wife made the call to someone she knows is looking, should be gone tomorrow.

Next was time to get out the toy and play with the wood. ???
Fired up the splitter and took care of some apple and cherry.
huh, uh, huh, uh. cherry. ?

1586651919964.png

On to the bike, it was gross. who rides white before memorial day?
1586652039579.png

well this isn't good
1586652103769.png

being Easter, the whole crown of thorns synchronicity wasn't lost on me.
yeah, it was big.
1586652212969.png

But @rick81721's brew to the rescue (50% latex, 50% rv antifreeze) sealed after about 2oz on the ground.

I did clean the bike, lube the chain, etc. ready to roll tomorrow. maybe.

Celebrating Passover or Easter usually means a gathering. It is spring and time to come out of hibernation.
Make a few calls, send an email. We got this.

Last edited:
wow - just wow. we've been trying the slackline on and off for years. probably get 5 seconds in before being ejected.

what are those extra things hanging?

well done - give the kids some kudos from me.
I can't last more than 3 seconds. My 11 year old has it almost down but the other little guy needs my head for support. ?
We had the line hanging high off the ground as a Ninja course, where they kids had to swing across with different grips (those extra things hanging). They got bored of that so today I lowered it to make it a slackline. I need to lower it even more. Maybe next weekend if I don't have plans ...which I won't. ?‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom