The Social Distancing in Isolation Contest & Never-ending Peter Pan Positivity Parlay

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
that is espresso -
Norm's dragon in the background. Why do you think he keeps recommending dragon books!

rick81721

Lothar
3/25

https://strava.app.link/fW9pTx4e94

On the mountain bike to Carlton reserve and some singletrack. It's about 10 miles of road to get there. Heading north, I notice an old lady passing me slowly - only one lane with another car behind her. She has her right turn signal on and a right turn is just ahead. I've seen this movie before and it usually ends with a right hook. I slowed, figuring either she didn't see me or thinks she has the right of way to turn and cut me off. To my great surprise, she stopped and waved me thru.

Anywho, in the reserve (btw many more people out there, this is a county park so still open) I stopped for a selfie:

IMG_20200325_111957_479.jpg

About 30 seconds after this pic, I hear a loud crack and a pine tree branch falls right onto a picnic table where I put my backpack. It wouldn't have killed me if I was sitting there and didn't get out of the way in time, but it would've hurt:

20200325_112021.jpg

At the end of the singletrack, I popped out on the gravel powerline path and noticed flashing lights and lots of smoke to the east. Checked it out, a prescribed burn was going on:

20200325_114310.jpg

It is super dry here, hasn't rained in a month, which is why I am getting so many road flats - no rain to wash the glass and metal bits off the side of the road. Also the gators are consolidating in the remaining pools of water - saw 3 big ones in about a 2 mile stretch - this was the biggest:

IMG_20200325_115204_459.jpg

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
3/25

https://strava.app.link/fW9pTx4e94

On the mountain bike to Carlton reserve and some singletrack. It's about 10 miles of road to get there. Heading north, I notice an old lady passing me slowly - only one lane with another car behind her. She has her right turn signal on and a right turn is just ahead. I've seen this movie before and it usually ends with a right hook. I slowed, figuring either she didn't see me or thinks she has the right of way to turn and cut me off. To my great surprise, she stopped and waved me thru.

Anywho, in the reserve (btw many more people out there, this is a county park so still open) I stopped for a selfie:

View attachment 122936

About 30 seconds after this pic, I hear a loud crack and a pine tree branch falls right onto a picnic table where I put my backpack. It wouldn't have killed me if I was sitting there and didn't get out of the way in time, but it would've hurt:

View attachment 122937

At the end of the singletrack, I popped out on the gravel powerline path and noticed flashing lights and lots of smoke to the east. Checked it out, a prescribed burn was going on:

View attachment 122938

It is super dry here, hasn't rained in a month, which is why I am getting so many road flats - no rain to wash the glass and metal bits off the side of the road. Also the gators are consolidating in the remaining pools of water - saw 3 big ones in about a 2 mile stretch - this was the biggest:

View attachment 122939

take a selfie laying next to him so we can all see just how big he is?!?!?????

jklett

3/25/2020

Since I didn't get a chance to do anything else outside, how's about my chickens? I had to go outside to feed them and get the eggs so I think that counts? I'm trying but I have a feeling that this one might cause me to lose a point ?.
IMG_20200325_162229086.jpg

qclabrat

Those mono blocks are powering them. The amps are a hybrid tube for the mides and tweeters and solid state for the woofers.
McIntosh 302 amps for the surrounds and atmos speakers. These are all the amps prior to the change. The bottom left and Roght amps were removed for the new 901 amps. View attachment 122921
Damn, rich folks just go gaga for Macs. The new MC901s are supposed to be superbe. I'm now disappointed in the bargin front driver's after seeing this...

olegbabich

Stayed indoors until the rain went away

Mrs Oleg playing with pottery.

I added more stuff to new Downhill Bike. Need to cut carbon seatpost tomorrow.

Made Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Curry.

Went out on a Tandem with Mrs Oleg. On the way back 2 miles from home my seatpost broke. Now I have no saddle and Mrs Oleg has no handlebars. I rode home solo and got the truck to rescue the stranded party.

Fixed the tandem, had to use beer can shims on new seatpost.

IMG_20200323_161651826.jpg
IMG_20200325_171326607.jpg
IMG_20200325_181855202.jpg

IMG_20200324_184816900.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
3/25

I wanted to go outside today
where sometimes i do play
It wasn't in the cards for me
from early i could see