The Social Distancing in Isolation Contest & Never-ending Peter Pan Positivity Parlay

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
3/24

Had to go into the office/studio in Manhattan today. I like the city on lockdown...it’s much more tolerable.
1585106412739.jpeg

Wanted to ride when I got home and the wife wanted to do an easy cruise with me before my workout. She is slowly morphing into Lt Dan.
1585106594771.jpeg
1585106667399.jpeg

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
3/24
Have not ridden since Saturday and was feeling it. Took a couple of hours off from a long work day to ride High Mountain and it provided a complete attitude adjustment. No thoughts about Corona as all my concentration was on picking the right line (and not crashing). Wow, I needed that.
ED3EE250-184B-4B07-A45E-167098D26875.jpeg

TimBay

3/24

Did a lot of my emails outside with the kiddos. Got some play sand and they went nuts. Then I got to ride my bike right before dinner. I decided to ride from my house but it's a killer climb and takes 15 minutes from door to dirt. Not really sold on riding out, but once I touch dirt, I'm smiling ear to ear. Trails were super tacky and just dry enough. I love that people still don't really know about Huber. I might like it better than Hartshorne.

20200324_134254_HDR.jpg

20200324_182844.jpg

Felt like dressing weird. Had cut off Jean shorts, but chamois underneath. Super fredtasticness.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I guess the most positive thing for me is absolutely nothing has changed. I am still working (alone as always) and then I go home pretty much like every day before. Only thing that has changed is my kids stay home, which saves me money another plus. Boywonder started his union job 3 weeks ago so he is still working. Laura is adapting to school on line though she seems to be the most affected. You all already know wife has an essential job. All good here from benderville.
Go get em' matttty!! So many people are out of work. It's time to be super frugal and save some bucks.

jdog

Shop Keep
A wood burning fireplace insert was the first project we had in mind when we bought the house, exactly for its effectiveness in warming up the house. Unfortunately it got pushed down the line by more urgent issues but we've not given up hope on it.

What brand is it? I really like the minimalistic look of yours, we were going for a Regency I think due to the high efficiency. A good wood burning fireplace insert is $$$ but totally worth it in my opinion.

This is the Regency 2700

My house was built in the 1800's. It has electric baseboard heat and my wife woooooood crank it. I don't think our pseg bill has even been under $500 inthe winter. We haven't used the electric heat yet since we installed it and now we sleep with the windows open. I can't say enough good about it and for me wood is free as long as I process it.

Running the unit isn't 100% intuitive but once you sort it out, you are golden. You can easily get your living loom to 77 degrees when it's 30 outside.

If you have a fireplace already an insert is a must. It increases the efficiency by like 40%.

Mitch has been awesome to deal with:

He told me that he has a bunch of demo units from his snop at 70% off list right now.
He is hurting for sure just like all local retailers.

PM me if you want to chat more about the process.

jdog

Shop Keep
3/24
Woke up like 4 for some reason, made another pitcher of lemonade, and got like 6 hours of productive work done. Went to lunch. No food was consumed til I got back. Also bumpin' the bird thread too, so there's that.
Thanks All for helping my tiptoe the brink.

The sun was delightful.
View attachment 122805
View attachment 122806
View attachment 122807
View attachment 122808

I think I will move over to rye vodka with my lemonade now. Let's just say it's more a splash of lemonade.
How's the pivot working out??

w_b

You nailed the TLDR as I was walking it out your door- welcome to the Big Time.

Highly refined and seriously fun. Balanced. Stable. Point and pedal. I didn’t realize how much my Enduro was fighting me. This bike instantly made me a better rider. And I gotta tweak the suspension still. I can’t wait to rip it up on some chunkier stuff.

I’m rediscovering how much fun trail riding is. Seriously, no exaggeration.

109BA252-C709-49F7-A71B-DDE40E789E0A.jpeg

8AAC4FCF-9144-4F5A-AD49-11F89745F346.jpeg

Last edited:

w_b

Mixed blessings- 3 years ago my company merged with a similar sized company; and since then they have further reduced an already lean headcount, and I’ve been “overwhelmed” pretty much continuously. I am usually juggling a minimum of 4, and up to 12 projects at a time, so spread pretty thin. Finishing up some stuff in the past few weeks, and not seeing the pipeline continuously replenishing, is a little different. Hoping for a good outcome either way.

File under “ be careful what you wish for. “

Top Bottom