The Social Distancing in Isolation Contest & Never-ending Peter Pan Positivity Parlay

rick81721

Lothar
Have a laugh at my expense - another failed tube replacement followed by a ride of shame home!

IMG_20200324_115654_477.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
3/24

https://strava.app.link/co0qodEy74

Typical head east into the wind loop thru northport with my usual partner

IMG_20200324_114057_490.jpg

With higher temps, winds are shifting sooner - by the time I got as far north/east I was going, wind shifted to southwest. Dang, was ave 19.5 and coulda got to 20 if the wind stayed east. Didn't stop until mile 30, ran into a local guy from CT I've ridden with a few times. Talked a bit about plans for heading north and bikes, then he mentioned he always carrys 2 tubes and 2 CO2. I said, "1 usually works for me". Sadly, the jinx gods were listening and 3 miles later - boom on Tamiani

IMG_20200324_115654_477.jpg

At least it was the rear tire so I had a fighting chance. Got the tube out, was certain there was no glass in the tire, then inflated. pfffft... immediately went flat. Wifey is at the doc in Sarasota so I called my neighbor/car guy. He picked me up, but since his wife has very serious lung issues and won't leave the house, I had to don mask and gloves before getting my bike and me into the car. Strange times...

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I guess the most positive thing for me is absolutely nothing has changed. I am still working (alone as always) and then I go home pretty much like every day before. Only thing that has changed is my kids stay home, which saves me money another plus. Boywonder started his union job 3 weeks ago so he is still working. Laura is adapting to school on line though she seems to be the most affected. You all already know wife has an essential job. All good here from benderville.

serviceguy

@Norm , I've got nothing right now but wait for this whole madness to be over and I'll bring one of my Gaggias from Italy...then it's game on! I am in serious withdrawal from the office espresso machine, the instant coffee I'm forced to drink at home drives me crazy, I alternate it with green tea.

Positive of all this is I get to spend more time with my wife. She's great.

serviceguy

So.. we are in this for the long haul from what it seems.

There is no shortage of negativity, so let’s leave that in other threads.

lets try and post a photo a day of something that is keeping you going.

perhaps something small. It could be something that inspires you, an act of kindness or love.

yes, it’s gonna be that kind of thread.

I’ll start with this photo of my dog in front of our new wood burning fireplace insert. We installed it last week and it’s been the only source of heat for our house since.

my family loves it. It’s warm glow and hypnotic movements have a calming impact.

View attachment 122732
A wood burning fireplace insert was the first project we had in mind when we bought the house, exactly for its effectiveness in warming up the house. Unfortunately it got pushed down the line by more urgent issues but we've not given up hope on it.

What brand is it? I really like the minimalistic look of yours, we were going for a Regency I think due to the high efficiency. A good wood burning fireplace insert is $$$ but totally wort it in my opinion.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'm glad to be able to spend more quality time with the cat... i always feel bad when steve and i leave him to go to work or go out for rides and stuff... but sometimes the cat just doesn't understand personal space

IMG_20200319_151559.jpg

w_b

3/24
Woke up like 4 for some reason, made another pitcher of lemonade, and got like 6 hours of productive work done. Went to lunch. No food was consumed til I got back. Also bumpin' the bird thread too, so there's that.
Thanks All for helping my tiptoe the brink.

The sun was delightful.
IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

I think I will move over to rye vodka with my lemonade now. Let's just say it's more a splash of lemonade.

ilnadi

this is what going off the deep end looks like:
A. latest photo editing computer for my wife
B. old family computer, still used in emergencies or if I need to log data from many tests
C. hole where my cheapo laptop sits (used by my older one for the one thing the school laptop does not do)
D. monitor for "C"
H. my livelihood (main laptop)
E. monitor for "H"
F. monitor for "H"
G. Linux laptop I use for things windows can't do
nerdWorld.jpg

this does not include:
- work laptop wife set up in guest bedroom
- older one's macbook and school chromebook
- younger one's game machine, personal chromebook, and school chromebook

how do I keep all this fed, you ask:
1. xfinity GiB box in bridge (a.k.a. give me my modem and butt out) mode
2. ubiquiti edge router
3. ubiquiti POE switch, driving:
i. ubiquiti 802.11ac POE wifi AP; in the upstairs corridor ceiling
ii. ubiquiti 802.11ac wall POE wifi AP with two ethernet ports; behind the family room TV covering downstairs and running TV & PS4 wired
4. NAS drive
5. UPS
network.jpg

Top Bottom