The Social Distancing in Isolation Contest & Never-ending Peter Pan Positivity Parlay

iman29

Got out for Lunch ride today; cloudy when I went but it was aslo bit humid. Decided today I would take a little challenge and climb one of the harder roads around here (Mountain Road). Not going for any PRs just wanted to get a good workout in. I always regret the choice about .2 miles into the climb but I was able to settle down and finish pretty strong considering my fitness level is a bit less than last season. made up the loop as I went and ended up with a pretty good ride.

1590608437123.png
1590608562792.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Got out for Lunch ride today; cloudy when I went but it was aslo bit humid. Decided today I would take a little challenge and climb one of the harder roads around here (Mountain Road). Not going for any PRs just wanted to get a good workout in. I always regret the choice about .2 miles into the climb but I was able to settle down and finish pretty strong considering my fitness level is a bit less than last season. made up the loop as I went and ended up with a pretty good ride.

View attachment 129932View attachment 129933

i came down that last year (or the year before) - my cousin lives up top.
Was thinking how it would be a pain to climb it!
well done!

rick81721

Lothar
Red has been re-routed away from the mud puddle at the pipeline crossing.

I'm not used to it yet - but it is more fun to T into orange, and switchback above the old trails to stay away from the wet.

still don't get it - there was never mud going from orange to red heading towards 27. Now that is totally blocked off.

WJF

still don't get it - there was never mud going from orange to red heading towards 27. Now that is totally blocked off.
We rerouted the Red Trail at the 27 side intersection of the Red and Orange, closed the Red climb up to the power line. Red crosses the power line just to the north of the old trail.

Last edited:

iman29

i came down that last year (or the year before) - my cousin lives up top.
Was thinking how it would be a pain to climb it!
well done!
The first .3 miles are the worst And make you want to immediately quit. but if I can drag myself up it anyone can. Even with a 34 up front and 28 out back.

rick81721

Lothar
Birthday ride - originally planned 62 miles, 1 for each year, but didn't expect rain. By 25 miles I was soaked - stopped at the sourlands lot. After I left, saw a flock of big turkeys headed off E. Mountain (which BTW is nicely repaved, at least part of it)

IMG_20200528_110502_080.jpg

As an aside, creating and following routes on the wahoo roam is super easy. Just made a route in strava and the next time I synced, there it was. However, didn't tell me 601 in Montgomery is closed past Dutchman zion - had to backtrack.

With the rain continuing, decided 50 miles would be enough, but made a wrong turn after Mt Airy and started going in the wrong direction, so ended up with almost 58 miles. Close enough

IMG_20200528_123734_210.jpg

iman29

Birthday ride - originally planned 62 miles, 1 for each year, but didn't expect rain. By 25 miles I was soaked - stopped at the sourlands lot. After I left, saw a flock of big turkeys headed off E. Mountain (which BTW is nicely repaved, at least part of it)

View attachment 130031

As an aside, creating and following routes on the wahoo roam is super easy. Just made a route in strava and the next time I synced, there it was. However, didn't tell me 601 in Montgomery is closed past Dutchman zion - had to backtrack.

With the rain continuing, decided 50 miles would be enough, but made a wrong turn after Mt Airy and started going in the wrong direction, so ended up with almost 58 miles. Close enough

View attachment 130032
Happy 58th Bday :p

snashters

I rode 601 this evening, it's closed between Grandview & Dutchtown-Zion for bridge repair, but you can get thru on a bike.

thegock

MVIMG_20200528_102106-01.jpeg

Thursday, I saw a Roadie at the end of the dead end street from my Local Trails. He asked if the drive way at the end was a thru road. Told him "no," then fleshed it out with the story of the 20 year old kid driving the stolen Camaro 80 mph up the same driveway and launching to a gory death off the back Cliff.

Then I ripped into the driveway pictured and said good bye. He said "Nice house" as he roadied away Punchline epilogue: My second oldest friend has a brother nearby, so I know the area quite well. When I texted him this picture, he texted me back "Obscene."

Top Bottom