Recovery is the new Black (The Sober Thread)

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I haven’t stopped drinking yet (just a matter of time), but it’s been ~7yrs since I stopped watching TV, movies, etc.. I feel so much more productive and if I’m bored I just pick something from my project list and it’s so much more fulfilling to my life.

Johnny Utah

Curious about the tire/wheel bolts tightening, do you follow a star pattern or just go round?
First few passes to clamp the ring I use a star pattern with an impact (hand thread them with anti seize initially), once the bead compresses I move to a torque wrench in a circular pattern. If it were someone’s first set I would suggest bypassing the impact as it is easy to snap bolts/have the bolts out of sync which will lead to leaks or worse.

Johnny Utah

I haven’t stopped drinking yet (just a matter of time), but it’s been ~7yrs since I stopped watching TV, movies, etc.. I feel so much more productive and if I’m bored I just pick something from my project list and it’s so much more fulfilling to my life.
I really want to do this, my buddy got rid of TV ten years ago but migrated to lots of computer time. Nice work!

Ian F

I really want to do this, my buddy got rid of TV ten years ago but migrated to lots of computer time. Nice work!
That's basically what I did... and it's a double-edged sword, for sure. Sitting in front of a computer tends to be all-consuming. While watching TV you can sort of "do stuff" like chores or whatnot during commercials. I watch a ton of YouTube now, which has many of the good and bad aspects of both mediums.

No drinks since the SB.

Johnny Utah

Today is 50 days. Last night I poured some Manhattan Special into my stout glass. Sat down and threw something on the TV and turned all other electronic devices off. I momentarily felt buzzed and carefree. Even felt guilty for having the glass of soda like I was breaking my streak. Very weird.EC3D2611-D23C-431C-9342-CCE7CC740B98.jpeg

Cassinonorth

Wow that's a ton of caffeine. I used to drink 3 cups a day - 2 in the morning and the 3rd between 6 and 7 pm. Now I cut down to 1 in the morning,1 in the evening.

Shockingly has very little effect on me. Could down a cup at 9 pm and be asleep by 10 and sleep like a log. 95% sure I was just addicted to the sugar aspect of it.

At my height I was downing a pot a day. Worst that ever happened was I got a little sweaty and my eyelids twitched once in a while.

Ian F

Still nothing since the Superbowl, although I'll admit Friday night was tough to get through... watching a nearly 4 hour YouTube live stream about guitar gear when all four of the participants were downing whiskey or tequila shots.

Been eating like crap, tho… so not really much help on the stomach front.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Been drinking again, about 3 out of 7 nights. Usually one beer after shoveling, which seems to be a regular routine. No whiskey. Overall volume is 25% of what I was drinking before New Years. I need to tread cautiously or it will creep up. On a better note, I have increased my workouts and cut down the sweets. Not sure why but I keep having this internal battle with myself. Still really stressed about everything and feeling gloomy. I need a vacation bad. I bet we all do.

rlb

Felt like I was mailing this thread in so I'm officially off sugar/cream in my coffee trying to limit my sugar intake.

Also dropping down from 6-8-8oz cups a day down to 4-8oz cups a day. So far so good.
I need to cut down on the coffee too. It doesn't keep me awake it just shortens my temper.
going well over here - probably 4:3 non drinking day advantage.
with 1 being a glass of wine with dinner. couple beers on the weekend,
but quickly transitioning and/or alternating with water.
eating like crap tho.
I'm about the same all the way around, maxed out at 2 a night the past 2 weekends. I polished off the last of the lingering bottles (well, the open ones) yesterday so I'm to limit the beer to Friday & Saturday nights next weekend. Regardless, I've definitely improved.

Since I'm starting to spin in the basement I feel like I should dial in the eating too so I can get rid of the gut. Gotta get my beach bod ready.

rlb

Been drinking again, about 3 out of 7 nights. Usually one beer after shoveling, which seems to be a regular routine. No whiskey. Overall volume is 25% of what I was drinking before New Years. I need to tread cautiously or it will creep up. On a better note, I have increased my workouts and cut down the sweets. Not sure why but I keep having this internal battle with myself. Still really stressed about everything and feeling gloomy. I need a vacation bad. I bet we all do.

Improvement is better than no improvement. The key is staying mindful of the creep-up, easier said than done (been there),

Top Bottom