Recovery is the new Black (The Sober Thread)

This experience has taught me how much my stomach does not like beer. Well...multiple beers. I had two last night and my stomach does not feel good today. I need to either stop at one, drink cheap beer, or just drink less.

Cutting the drinking has paid off with headache and a sore throat 2 weeks in a row. Cleared up by the weekend and now it's back again, though different headache and sore throat this time. So, I think I'm feeling better?
a bit of the same here. I'm thinking dehydration? we are pumping humidity into the air as quickly as possible.
Having a hard time hitting 40%.
I'm drinking 4 water bottles full a day + another if i'm on the bike.
You guys are describing what my wife's friend just had. She tested positive for covid. Symptoms of the newer strains?

a bit of the same here. I'm thinking dehydration? we are pumping humidity into the air as quickly as possible.
so 4 a day then 🤔 🤣

Reactions: rlb
You guys are describing what my wife's friend just had. She tested positive for covid. Symptoms of the newer strains?
Got tested Friday, came back neg according to the doc. Even though the "My Quest" portal still doesn't show my results...

Yesterday was 1400 days without a drink. I never really intended to "go anywhere" with it. Things just kinda stopped and they continued to stop. Or never started again.

Good job to those of you who have managed to knock it out entirely. As you get older, it probably becomes more important to think about making this change. Everything that seemed innocuous at a younger age is harder to work through when you get old. Not that I'm OLD, per se. Just older than I was yesterday when I woke up.

Keep on keepin' on.

if you're drinking water, it's not dehydration. probably covid! seriously down here it's allergies - oak pollen is falling like crazy now

Damn son, you must drink the good stuff. ;)
I do, no kids either and I have friends in the bar/restaurant industry so the wife and I usually go out 3-4 times a week. Plus networking. At least we used to. Feeding 1-2 mouths with bar food, booze and Uber gets pricey......money down the drain.

Reactions: rlb
This is a great thread providing examples of people supporting each other like a true community, people making progress and feeling better by committing to making adjustments in lifestyle. I could relate a lot to people feeling weird in social situations where everyone else was drinking. Like others pointed out, I realized NGAF if I was drinking or not. Once I got over my own self-consciousnes, social situations were no big deal. It’s also an eerie coincidence how crazy shit stopped happening to me once I wasn’t drinking! It‘ll be 16 years for me next month.

Keep up the good work everyone!

40 for me.

Whether you've given it up entirely, or limited yourself, or are off and back on the wagon, or just had one less once or twice, I give everyone credit for trying to tackle something that has many seen and unseen reinforcers. I'm in this for the foreseeable future. I haven't seen the sleep, weight, fitness or other benefits, but I feel like I'm doing something that is more right for life's circumstances.

Thanks to everyone who's participating in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom