Recovery is the new Black (The Sober Thread)

Still no soda or candy, my wife delivered number 2 so I hope to make progress in the fitness department now that I don't have to fear being an hour from the car and another hour from home.

Being at the hospital overnight those vending machines call your name if you're a fatty like myself. I'm over the hump and don't have many cravings, going to turn my attention fully to saturated fats and fitness.
Congrats on #2! That’s great. You’ll definitely have more time to ride and get in shape now. 🤣😂🤣

Still no soda or candy, my wife delivered number 2 so I hope to make progress in the fitness department now that I don't have to fear being an hour from the car and another hour from home.

Being at the hospital overnight those vending machines call your name if you're a fatty like myself. I'm over the hump and don't have many cravings, going to turn my attention fully to saturated fats and fitness.

Congrats Max - wishing all smooth sailing from here!

6 days but really more like 95% sober since January 1. Just got back from the doctor. I’m severely low in iron, like practically nothing. Out of a normal 60 to 170 micrograms per deciliter, my count is 2. Based on our conversation, he suspects I have slow bleed hemorrhoids that have drained me over the last 3-6 months (TMI?).

Iron IV starts next week. Doctor says I should feel “amazing” compared to how I’ve been feeling, which is fucking shitty considering I gave up drinking, am eating better and have been exercising more. I see a gastro tomorrow.

Damn that sucks, but hopefully they'll have you on the mend soon.

Wait is this mad max? Apparently you can't keep up around here if you log on casually...

Anyway congrats on #2, iirc your #1 is about the same age as mine (almost 4) and it was a hell of an adjustment when we brought home the second in November. Hopefully it goes easier for you. I like your optimism but good luck on that bike ride lol

Wait is this mad max? Apparently you can't keep up around here if you log on casually...

Anyway congrats on #2, iirc your #1 is about the same age as mine (almost 4) and it was a hell of an adjustment when we brought home the second in November. Hopefully it goes easier for you. I like your optimism but good luck on that bike ride lol

Idk my fucking name anymore

Do you have any suggestions or wish you did anything different bringing home number 2 to make things better for number 1?

I haven't been riding much but got a tag along and so I can go out with #1. Which makes me a hero since I'm getting number 1 out giving her a break and I get to ride.

Today is seventy days. I am down a bit over ten pounds. The sugar cravings are higher, but not awful. Any cravings I had pretty much went away with the warm weather. Vacation is coming and I am sure I will have a few beverages, but cutting booze out has not been that bad thus far. Definitely save a good bit of money as well as time.

I am eating relatively cleanly but not counting calories as much and the weight still came off, a savings of beer and bar food I am sure. Plenty of beer left in the fridge and pantry, kind of funny as when someone comes over most of the beers I have to offer are holiday flavors as my beer purchasing stopped at Christmas.

I will add, where I used to crave a beer at the end of the work day I now crave a cup of coffee in the am after a good nights sleep.

That's great. You must be feeling pretty good. Any notable changes since starting?
No, this is an experiment that has been going on since early January of 2020. Went without for 95 days or something early last year, experimented, quit, bla-dah, 288 days without last year. Started again January 2nd, we'll see what happens. 68 days as of today, and today is always what counts.

I've been pretty good about sticking to Fridays. And even then, I don't drink much. I went from 6 of 7 on, to 6 of 7 off which has done wonders for my sleep.
And the tart cherry with seltzer has been a really good mid afternoon drink.

Nine weeks.....definitely more productive. I will be on vacation in a few weeks and have a feeling I will partake in a few beverages then.

Amazing how mental some of this is, if I have a Manhattan Special at night after work it gives my mind the same “relax” signal I get when I drink a beer. I also feel Uber guilt if I have one prior to 6pm.

Definitely more conscious of others behaviors when they are drinking. View attachment 153065

can we stay on topic and not start talking about vacations

Back
Top Bottom