The sky is falling....

Last summer I got freaked out by this: IMG_5563.png

Ended up being starlink satellites. It lasted for a couple minutes and traveled through the sky. I figured there was likely a rational explanation, not Independence Day.

Also saw this about a month ago driving down the parkway.

IMG_4929.png

Nope was not ISS. I've tracked the ISS (Ham Radio). It's trajectory was entirely wrong. See vid below.

The ISS tracker said it was visible for 2 minutes at 10° above the horizon at 5:14 a.m. that morning, so could possibly have been. Sunday is going to be a good one at 89° above the horizon.
Screenshot_20240216_103708_Chrome.jpg

The ISS appeared way below the treeline, and SSW, I was facing due West so the ISS would have been to my far left. The ISS is a slow mover compared to what I saw. In the video look at the 1 o'clock position to see the object. Looking at the video more closely it might have hit ground in the Vincentown direction.

We were out in Raritan Bay in June ‘20 and Covid was bad and flyovers for morale were happening. Not only did we see F-16s and a Galaxy overhead, but most humbling was when the ISS appeared exactly on time at almost zenith. Way cool, glad the kids got to see it. Like check your watch look up there it is.

Back
Top Bottom