"The Rock" 6/24/08...

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I'll be over at "the rock" tuesday evening from about 5:30-5:45 until it gets dark or something breaks:D Should be close to 2 hours of riding. Expert/Faster Sport pace.

-Jim.

PS-Please understand what pace this ride is, anyone is more than welcome to come out and see if they can keep up, but I don't follow the "no-drop" rule, so if you don't know the trails, please get a map so you can find your own way out!!:D

PPS-The loop I do hits everything in the park in both directions...twice...

PPPS-There is at least one near-death experience on EVERY rock ride!!

PPPPS-If you stay on the train you're guaranteed to leave the station laughing
so hard you'll end up throwing up:rofl:

PPPPPS-If you get offended easily, like say over a blow-up doll, stay home, because I'm way worse than that and you prolly ending posting some whiny bulls@#t about me!!

PPPPPPS-I can't believe you read down this far, you spend too much time on the internet, now I know why you're so slow, go ride your BIKE!!

Last edited:

Mike679

I plan on riding there tomorrow a tad earlier (4:30 or so) and a bit slower and won't even kid myself about keeping up w/ that pace, so maybe I'll see ya.

That being said, if anyone's interested in a more moderate paced 2 hour ride (not too many stops though), look for me on a grey Spec. @ Newman's Lane, weather permitting, of course.

Mike

F

FallGirl1430

I'll be over at "the rock" tuesday evening from about 5:30-5:45 until it gets dark or something breaks:D Should be close to 2 hours of riding. Expert/Faster Sport pace.

-Jim.

PS-Please understand what pace this ride is, anyone is more than welcome to come out and see if they can keep up, but I don't follow the "no-drop" rule, so if you don't know the trails, please get a map so you can find your own way out!!:D

PPS-The loop I do hits everything in the park in both directions...twice...

PPPS-There is at least one near-death experience on EVERY rock ride!!

PPPPS-If you stay on the train you're guaranteed to leave the station laughing
so hard you'll end up throwing up:rofl:

PPPPPS-If you get offended easily, like say over a blow-up doll, stay home, because I'm way worse than that and you prolly ending posting some whiny bulls@#t about me!!

PPPPPPS-I can't believe you read down this far, you spend too much time on the internet, now I know why you're so slow, go ride your BIKE!!

Jim V totally LMAO, you are too much!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I thought I was in good shape.... Then I hit "The Knoll" (so i was told thats its name) rock climb. I made it up ok, but i was gassed afterwards...

dhsean

It's on!

That's it bitch. I'm going to take you out in the first 3 minutes with my DH power then puke. I'll see you there for at least 10 minutes then drop off and ride with people that make me feel fast. :rofl:

I'm like the hot girl with the fat friend. If I hang out with slow people I'll at least look really fast. Sometimes riding with top level riders in DH and XC kills your mojo but its the only way to see how fast you can go. :hmmm:

Steve Vai

I thought I was in good shape.... Then I hit "The Knoll" (so i was told thats its name) rock climb. I made it up ok, but i was gassed afterwards...

I'm don't know what any of the trails there are called, I just know them by the roads you cross to get to them. Where is "The Knoll"?

-Jim.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm don't know what any of the trails there are called, I just know them by the roads you cross to get to them. Where is "The Knoll"?

-Jim.

If you go into chimney rock park itself, then take the trail that leads you out to Gilbride Rd, once you cross the street, its that little rock climb you have to immediately do.

Steve Vai

If you go into chimney rock park itself, then take the trail that leads you out to Gilbride Rd, once you cross the street, its that little rock climb you have to immediately do.

Behind the guardrail? If it is that first part sucks poopy...

-Jim.

Steve Vai

WOOHOO!! BLOOD!! MAYHEM!! BROKEN BIKES!!:D

Yesterday's ride was a typical Rock ride. The rain made the trails just greasy enough to catch us off guard once or 10 times. Freddy's post came loose about 90 times, I fell a few times trying to carry too much speed in the grease, I ripped a knob off my tire (DRY-X race tires, not the best at the rock), when I went to go fix Chris and Fred must've tried to kill each other or something 'cuz Fred came out all bloodied up:D

IMG_1494.jpg

See ya'll next week for more exciting adventures at "The Rock"

-Jim.

F

FallGirl1430

Omg!

WOOHOO!! BLOOD!! MAYHEM!! BROKEN BIKES!!:D

Yesterday's ride was a typical Rock ride. The rain made the trails just greasy enough to catch us off guard once or 10 times. Freddy's post came loose about 90 times, I fell a few times trying to carry too much speed in the grease, I ripped a knob off my tire (DRY-X race tires, not the best at the rock), when I went to go fix Chris and Fred must've tried to kill each other or something 'cuz Fred came out all bloodied up:D

IMG_1494.jpg

See ya'll next week for more exciting adventures at "The Rock"

-Jim.

Dammit Jim V, that is gross!
Now I feel sick :drooling: :puke: :drooling: :puke:
I could just see you guys saying ... " Dude that hole in your knee rad, quick lemme get the camera"
There goes dinner

Christina ... :puke:

N

Neen

Those pictures really don't do it justice. Much more gross in person! How many stitches, Fred?

Top Bottom