The Road to Somewhere

Those beers at Magnify are worth the calories though. Good seeing you this wknd, the gravel ride was a lot of fun, I would do again later in the season.
View attachment 121325

It was definitely a lot of fun for both. Magnify is always great, even better with a crowd. Honestly I'm kinda sick of the Columbia Trail but it was great with that many people out there(40?50?). Usually I'm just suffering by myself.

It was definitely a lot of fun for both. Magnify is always great, even better with a crowd. Honestly I'm kinda sick of the Columbia Trail but it was great with that many people out there(40?50?). Usually I'm just suffering by myself.

middle valley to zellers at the crossing. break it up a bit.
that will get ya looking forward to the getting back to the CT!

Keep cranking, a 1 day weight swing is not a trend.

middle valley to zellers at the crossing. break it up a bit.
that will get ya looking forward to the getting back to the CT!

Keep cranking, a 1 day weight swing is not a trend.

MV and Zellers is definitely a ball buster.
Yea I know it’s not a trend but when I am trying hard and doing well and see a 5 lb swing in the wrong direction it’s hard not to get pissed.

Back to 185.2 today. Feeling poopy. I had a sore throat yesterday and it got worse over night. I didn't sleep well so that sucks. The kids weren't crying for once but that didn't guarantee good sleep. I'm feeling a little better already today so I'm planning on getting to Wildcat tonight. Hopefully I'll get some good miles in and it'll set me up nicely for the weekend. I took yesterday off and it sucked but I needed rest badly. I'll see if the legs have anything to give today. 1.5 weeks til Mayhem.

^^those little bacteria factory clients of yours?

You have a goal weight in mind? Just wondering, cause i need some motivation here, and
we are weighing in around the same number.

^^those little bacteria factory clients of yours?

You have a goal weight in mind? Just wondering, cause i need some motivation here, and
we are weighing in around the same number.

The disease factory got me. High fever and strep. Fucker’s. I haven’t had this since I was a kid. Nothing good done today except feel like crap and sleep.

My goal is 170. If I can get there I feel I can maintain it and I will be

This is now day 3 of this work from home thing. Although it's not bad it's different for sure. I like my regular schedule and seeing the kids I teach face to face. My kids are needy on a face to face basis so now they are needy but from a distance. It's much harder to explain what they are confused about when they are not here with me. I'm faced with that dilemma or the kids just not completing the assignments from home. I know this "new" method will get old soon and I fear that's already setting in. My district has asked me to provide 9 more days of plans to take us through spring break. I don't doubt that we will be under full lockdown soon. We should. Most of the people are understanding the effects of social distancing but some are not. I went to the supermarket to get a few necessary things yesterday(not TP) and it was pretty busy. I did my best to hold my breath passing people and checked myself out and GTF out of there and scrubbed myself when I got home. I feel bad for those in the healthcare industry as the numbers say this shit is going to go off soon and bad. I hope we can flatten the curve but knowing the american public, I don't have a lot of faith that everyone will take this seriously. The best advice I heard last night is to pretend you have this virus and act accordingly. You would not want to infect those around you and for all that you know you could have been exposed already. It takes too long to develop symptoms and you never know. Safe is better in this line of thought. If we take more precaution now we can return to our daily lives sooner. I guess my trip to Utah in April is pretty boned at this point. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but ready to cancel my plans as well. I'm getting out to Wildcat later today to enjoy some fresh air and my distancing.

Almost a month later here I am again. Now I'm on spring break from teaching. I don't know if you can really call it spring break as nothing has changed with the exception of less annoyance of work related content and constant emails. I originally had a trip planned with my buddies for our 40th birthdays but that never happened. I waited long enough to have the airline start calling me as flights were getting cancelled and I had the choice to get a voucher for the value of the ticket or a full refund. Given the thought that the airlines might go out of business I took the refund. I'll book again later if/when this gets rescheduled. We're looking at trying again next April. In lieu of that I've tried to take this week and decompress a bit and just do whatever I need to do to recharge and make the best of this whole situation. I've done some riding, lots of yard work, lots of garage cleaning, lots of playing with the kids, lots of beer drinking, and lots of backyard trail building.

On Tuesday the weather seemed to be the best of the week so I figured I'd go for a long ride. I wanted to see what all the hubub was about this coronavirus chest tightness was so one of the first corners i hit after the deluge of rain we had on Monday put my ass on the ground hard. As I went down on my side I folded my arm in and compressed my ribs. I felt everything crack like I was cracking my knuckles. It was not a good sound, but I got up and I was a little sore but nothing bad. My collarbone was intact and everything else was working so I pressed on. 4.5 hours later and a bunch of conservative riding later, I finished up a pretty sweet 5 hours on the mtb. It was good to get out and clear my head a bit especially with all that is going on right now.

I thought Tuesday night would be miserable with the sore ribs but I was wrong. I slept well and woke up a little achey but nothing too bad. Wednesday night the same, and last night the same. I've cracked/bruised ribs before so I know this is going to take a while but they are still sore today. Mostly it's just an annoyance but every now and then I move in a manner that my ribs don't want me to and it reminds me that I'm still a little dinged up. The main thing I've been doing is just staying active/moving. I've been doing lots of leave raking which always sucks, but I'm getting stuff done and it's helping ribs.

I got out to ride yesterday and I was definitely tired from Tuesdays ride but any time on the bike was good. With this chilly weather I'm definitely pushing myself to get out and ride when I'd rather be warm inside or staying warm doing work on the property. It doesn't help that I checked the weather in St. George UT and it's been in the mid/upper 70's all week when I should have been there...oh well. I'm hoping to get out this afternoon, Sat afternoon, and Sunday morning to finish off the week. Riding the dirt has been good but the body is a little beat up. 2 of these rides will probably be road/gravel and the other MTB.

The last fun update is that april 5th I was supposed to be going to race the Stoopid 50 in virginia and like everything else that was postponed. I had a hotel booked and I went to check on the reservation the week leading up to the race and the reservation was gone. I booked through hotels.com so I had no confirmation that it was cancelled and no listing of the booking weird. I called the hotel and made sure they had no reservation for me and they said no they had zero bookings. Yesterday I check my credit card statement and sure enough there is a charge on there for the hotel stay. WTF? Now I'm going to go and dispute the claim and get my money back. I hope this was just an oversight but I wonder how many people this has happened to and no one has realized.

Always good to read your updates, glad you're doing well.

Don't fall down on the road again. :rolleyes:

On the race front I'm not sure what's going to happen. We still have this planned:
August 1st: Lucky's Revenge 50 miler
September 26th: Lucky Charm Cross
November 7th: Lucky Devil 100k

With social distancing/reopening going on I'm not confident that any/all of these may happen. Even in a best case scenario that everything is open by say June, the event calendar will be insanely saturated so we would probably pull the LCCX race as it's a lot of $$$ to lay out and hope people come. Hell if we can get one race in this year I'd be happy. If we could do one what would people rather do? A Stephens race or a mooch north race? I'm curious...

With social distancing/reopening going on I'm not confident that any/all of these may happen.

IMO no promoter will get a permit to hold a race this year. For us, honestly what are the chances the DEC gives any group a permit for the remainder of the year?

Maybe PA will have cross races. Maybe. But I wouldn't expect much.

Also - can you rename your race the Lucky Devil Dog?

IMO no promoter will get a permit to hold a race this year. For us, honestly what are the chances the DEC gives any group a permit for the remainder of the year?

Maybe PA will have cross races. Maybe. But I wouldn't expect much.

Also - can you rename your race the Lucky Devil Dog?

I don't know - I'm hopeful but that rational side of me says you are right. Fingers crossed! If not then plenty of planning time for 2021. I'm not expecting much period. I'm stoked I got to race twice in February. That might be more than most this year. Hmmmm are Devil Dogs still a thing? I could get behind that for aid stations and handups.

Love me some Devil Dogs.

Though not as much as I love Yodels.
Yodels were good, but not as good as Swiss Rolls. They were the shit!
1587141339044.png

Back
Top Bottom