That gives you a -1 overall and a big meh SaD :p

+1 for going up orange to start
-2 for skipping the spine backwards
+1 for not skipping yellow backwards
-3 for pushing your bike up the unmakeable on white
+1 for oreland down
+1 for lake ames backwards, although most people don't seem to be a fan of that

That gives you a -1 overall and a big meh SaD :p
You forgot +2 for skipping the bike shop to ride instead. So +1!

You forgot +2 for skipping the bike shop to ride instead. So +1!

Good point, that's probably a +5 but I need to check the official rubric. At least you did something. I was in my pajamas drinking a beer while you did that ride. That happens to still be the case, different beer though.

Do I get any points for changing in the bat cave parking lot while the 5-0 watched? It was only me and him so it was kinda creepy.

Do I get any points for changing in the bat cave parking lot while the 5-0 watched? It was only me and him so it was kinda creepy.

Haha, at least there isn't a school and children's playground right there. Did you guys make eye contact?

I did get to see tons of Eastern Newts and get some shots. That should count for something too as I was sliding off every rock in sight.

3667D5C2-1B98-4E8A-88FA-F0EE12568959.jpeg
8A30953C-5516-4434-A814-488950AC9295.jpeg
70D487F2-C9D7-4CCB-96EE-A7EC1086BA15.png

I had a good ride Saturday until I didn’t. Myself and two other teammates rode through Mooch to do some proposed course recon and had a good Time until I sliced a tire. I tuned it but on the next downhill I flatted that. The next tube we had was bad. So I started to walk out. I even saw Emrah and he threw me a tube to get me out and that was bad. Then I lost my pump. FML. It wasn’t meant to be. So I walked to the Shell station on 517 and my buddies rode back to the car to come save me. We got a decent bit of the course ridden but not even 50% of it. It was also slick as hell with the rain that fell in the morning. It did give us a good idea of how hard the trails weee and what it’s going to take to complete this race. It won’t be for the faint of heart for sure.

321D768B-1244-4036-B507-5D12BBC33B11.png

And I’m just going to leave this here.

https://www.bikereg.com/luckys-revenge

It’s coming to life!

Good news is that the endurance race is getting out there and the bad news is that I got either food poisoning or a stomach bug last night. I was up all night trying to anticipate when it would be coming out next. I was laid up on the couch all day and am finally starting to feel a little better. I hope tonight I can get some rest and tomorrow is a normal day.

I’m planning on getting some rides in the next month to give some snippets of the race course or I’ll do a file for what may be the whole thing. I’m still debating which version of the course will be best and most feasible for the three events happening on race day. We’ve even debated having a running race or short track race at the same time but that’s getting a little over our heads. A big bumpy ride is what we need to focus on.

2AE09F31-F5CD-46CE-93BE-598E9F5ACAB7.jpeg

Good news is that the endurance race is getting out there and the bad news is that I got either food poisoning or a stomach bug last night. I was up all night trying to anticipate when it would be coming out next. I was laid up on the couch all day and am finally starting to feel a little better. I hope tonight I can get some rest and tomorrow is a normal day.

I’m planning on getting some rides in the next month to give some snippets of the race course or I’ll do a file for what may be the whole thing. I’m still debating which version of the course will be best and most feasible for the three events happening on race day. We’ve even debated having a running race or short track race at the same time but that’s getting a little over our heads. A big bumpy ride is what we need to focus on.

View attachment 94766

Have the running race organized by someone else and just coordinate. Got some ultra people out there.
check the nj trail series organizers. They have a big event the week before at Wildcat. https://sites.google.com/site/njtrailseries/wildcat
Or maybe just chat up the hashers at Salt?

keep chugging - looks like it is going to be an event, rather than just a bike race.
that is a good thing.

Have the running race organized by someone else and just coordinate. Got some ultra people out there.
check the nj trail series organizers. They have a big event the week before at Wildcat. https://sites.google.com/site/njtrailseries/wildcat
Or maybe just chat up the hashers at Salt?

keep chugging - looks like it is going to be an event, rather than just a bike race.
that is a good thing.

Exactly. This is what we’re missing. Race is good but event is gooder.

Saturday's Stewart race was something I didn't even think may happen. I had a bad stomach bug on Monday/Tuesday and I'm still feeling the effects of that and a cold or something. Let's just say I haven't been feeling the best and on Thursday I started to think about bailing. I had a decent ride on Wednesday but I was flat out exhausted Thursday. I could tell something was still lingering. So I rested up and tried to feel the best I could to see if I would race. Friday night I made the call that I would be there and got the bike ready for what I thought would be another wet race. I didn't think we'd be mudbogging in this race but that's exactly what it started out like.

So they start the SS and fatties together and there were a bunch of new faces. I didn't know what to expect. I just wanted to get into the singletrack first. I didi and started slipping and sliding everywhere trying to keep a good pace. I could tell that there were a few guys with me and I hoped that they were not fatties. To my dismay there were a mix of fatties and SS guys. As it opened up 2 fatties and 3 SS guys got through. I didn't have anything to go after them. I just figured I'd ride a good steady pace and they would come back to me. Actually I started focusing on just cutting a faster lap on lap 2 as conditions were getting a little better and I had more confidence. I had thoughts of chilling when I was in no mans land and just letting off the pace but I was still in 3rd and I didn't want to give that up. I made a couple of mistakes and rode ok but I was hurting a bit. I was actually happy with how well I rode given that I was exhausted and sick all week. I wished I had more in the tank but I did all I could. The guys in first and second I never saw again and crossed the line in 3rd. I was 3 minutes behind the leader and 2 behind second. I thought it would be closer to 6 or 7 minutes given how I felt. So I'll take it.

7B518ED5-4F0C-4B33-A36E-6CB291FD7841.jpeg
ACE42B3F-EEFE-456E-B508-E8CFFF0FD712.jpeg
959F1E7D-4CB2-4DEF-9702-D209CB6D273E.jpeg

Last edited:
Rain blows. I haven't been on my bike since Saturday's race. It's ok as I probably need some rest to get rid of this bug I've been fighting but man it's demoralizing when I just want to ride. No I didn't want to zwift, and no I didn't want to go ride the road in the rain. I don't have that motivation. I want to go ride in the nice weather and enjoy pedaling. That's what I'm hoping for today anyway. I'm going to break out the cross bike with fat road tires and just get some miles in. Soak up some sun and then contemplate how shitty the race is going to be this weekend.

I'm heading out to PA Sunday for the Keystone Offroad race. With all the rain that we have gotten, and some more in the next couple of days it could get interesting. The prerace email came out saying not to expect mountain biking trails but true backcountry hiking trails. So with this I'm picturing stream crossings, overgrown prickers everywhere, and lots of mud and rocks. I'm debating if I should just take the fatty as it's still currently covered in mud and would be right at home being destroyed again. I'm not worried about racing it but getting in a good long hard day in the saddle would be a great prep for Mohican which is in 2 1/2 weeks. I'll probably take my epic but then again I don't want to kill that before Mohican. That will be my debate until I pack the car Saturday.

My other thought, which the two of you that actually read my posts will hopefully give me feedback on is this: I'm thinking of putting a small loop together that would be a free race along with the Lucky 50/25/15 race. It would be a 4-5 mile sample of some of the trails there and you would just need a license and the race is free. Would this help bring people to the race or hurt the other racing categories? I'm trying to weigh it all out before I commit. It would take only a few more signs to make it happen and it wouldn't burden scorekeeping so it might be a good deal. We are trying to keep prices low and get more people out so this was a recent thought. ?????

7 Registered so far. We've got out permit fees covered. Wohoo!!

1557939381760.png
1557939381760.png

I'm debating if I should just take the fatty as it's still currently covered in mud and would be right at home being destroyed again.

I'm planning to bring the fatty.

Would this help bring people to the race or hurt the other racing categories?

I don't think it'll hurt the other categories at all. However, I suspect anyone interested in this option won't have a license though, so they'll need to pay for a one day license, which they may be reluctant to do. Maybe if it's a loop in the BSA on our short track trails and stuff that they can't normally ride? You'll also probably need to pay for insurance on those riders, so you'd have to charge a little or eat that cost. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think you'll have a good turnout, and this is only year one anyway.

Back
Top Bottom