The REAL BIYF

Anyone else's bikes happy this thing is over? My road bike sounded like it was crying on the way to the train this morning.

That’s good point. 90% of my BIYF riding was on a single speed MTB which tends to reduce maintenance, but in those 1k ss miles, maintenance I performed was:
2 rear broken spokes replaced
1 rear hub bearing replaced
2 tire plugs in the front tire (replacing tire this week)
1 shredded rear tire, (needed immediate replacing)
1 broken saddle
1 lower fork service
1 rear set of brake pads
1 nasty crank creak,(remove, clean, grease)
3 chain tension adjustments

And I think I got off easy compared to you guys who consistently ride rocks

First and foremost I want to thank @rick81721 and @stb222 for the help this year, and what a year it was!

Second, I would like to thank Kyle and the crew at Belmar Bikes for the great prizes!

Elite was quite a show this year, I congratulate @Mtbdog for a solid first place win with 251 hours (WOW!). Second place to the ever solid @Mountain Bike Mike with an impressive 203 hours. Always strong, @stb222 took third with 164 hours!

Mortal had some good competition this year, we congratulate @The Kalmyk with 155 hours taking 1st place! Not too far behind, and posting some of the best selfies is @goodvibe with second place at 145 hours. Rounding third was @Victor with 108 hours!

Finally, the big show of the KONA Honzo frame donated by Belmar bikes goes to @Mountain Bike Mike with 86 points!

Solid job by everyone. I would invite all to do a group ride but given the current social distancing situation it may be best we skip. If you won, please PM me your address and I will get everything shipped. The frame will need to be picked up, I will speak with Kyle tomorrow.

Thank you again all who participated and cheered us on. Thank you @Norm and the Mtbnj crew for hosting this.

any free time had was spent riding. the 17 year old bike is feeling it.... she's still tickin', just loudly lol.
Doesn’t take much, minutes a week
That’s good point. 90% of my BIYF riding was on a single speed MTB which tends to reduce maintenance, but in those 1k ss miles, maintenance I performed was:
2 rear broken spokes replaced
1 rear hub bearing replaced
2 tire plugs in the front tire (replacing tire this week)
1 shredded rear tire, (needed immediate replacing)
1 broken saddle
1 lower fork service
1 rear set of brake pads
1 nasty crank creak,(remove, clean, grease)
3 chain tension adjustments

And I think I got off easy compared to you guys who consistently ride rocks
damn dude, what you doing to them bikes!

Anyone else's bikes happy this thing is over? My road bike sounded like it was crying on the way to the train this morning.

No way. I am sad. I will never let it end!!
-------------------
3/16
Bonus: Dirt, Corona Virus, and Nostalgia
Strava Link: https://www.strava.com/activities/3189435154
F5681590-C3B1-4B7F-A8B0-049FA188EF23.jpeg

First and foremost I want to thank @rick81721 and @stb222 for the help this year, and what a year it was!

Second, I would like to thank Kyle and the crew at Belmar Bikes for the great prizes!

Elite was quite a show this year, I congratulate @Mtbdog for a solid first place win with 251 hours (WOW!). Second place to the ever solid @Mountain Bike Mike with an impressive 203 hours. Always strong, @stb222 took third with 164 hours!

Mortal had some good competition this year, we congratulate @The Kalmyk with 155 hours taking 1st place! Not too far behind, and posting some of the best selfies is @goodvibe with second place at 145 hours. Rounding third was @Victor with 108 hours!

Finally, the big show of the KONA Honzo frame donated by Belmar bikes goes to @Mountain Bike Mike with 86 points!

Solid job by everyone. I would invite all to do a group ride but given the current social distancing situation it may be best we skip. If you won, please PM me your address and I will get everything shipped. The frame will need to be picked up, I will speak with Kyle tomorrow.

Thank you again all who participated and cheered us on. Thank you @Norm and the Mtbnj crew for hosting this.

Thanks again for all you did. It was a blast.

I rode the same bike with no changes the whole time. A Ritchey P29er mtb. No flats or any kind of special maintenance, just oiled the chain every now and then, still got same Nobby Nics I started with. Close to 2000 miles, there's some tire wear aye!
I had very few issues as well. Think I’ll stick to riding rocks and glad that all of my bikes have gears (as I need them?).

No real issues on any of mine, just a lot of new creaks and groans. Road bike needs a good strip down and re grease I think, maybe due for a new chain. The big bike is long overdue for a suspension overhaul with all these hours.

I'm amazed I made it through this whole thing without a single flat. Almost guaranteed to get a flat now that I've said that.

i rode 6 different bikes over this year's BIYF...

* citibike
* rockhopper commuter
* salsa mukluk (Wide Wight)
* pivot 429 (pistachio disguisey)
* trek madone roadie
* trek xcal frankengravel

here are my stats by bike, thanks to veloviewer (which i'd heard about before, but never tried until now - thanks coronavirus!)

Values
Row LabelsSum of MilesSum of Hours
citiBike
426.75​
36.54​
Madone a Mia!
167.72​
10.25​
Pistachio Disguisey
228.08​
24.93​
rockhopper commuter
222.09​
20.12​
trek xCal
129.89​
8.67​
Wide Wight
626.38​
54.43​
Grand Total
1,800.91​
154.94​

Paging @The Kalmyk i need your address so I can send your prize package out. When I have yours I will send to @Mtbdog too.

I got the flu in mid-February and was bed ridden for like a week, then coughed for three weeks. (The conspiracy peeps think I had Corona, doubt it!! but that would be great if I'm now immune.) Between that and missing the first week of the contest due to vacation......I fell off the game. Maybe next year. Congrats to all you who won and finished.

I got the flu in mid-February and was bed ridden for like a week, then coughed for three weeks. (The conspiracy peeps think I had Corona, doubt it!! but that would be great if I'm now immune.) Between that and missing the first week of the contest due to vacation......I fell off the game. Maybe next year. Congrats to all you who won and finished.

i had a nasty cold around New years and my wife had similar... I swear the symptoms match Corona...

Back
Top Bottom